Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just when you thought you had seen it all . . . (Warning: Not for the fainthearted)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
As a bartender, I take great offense to this. To clarify: many, many (too many) hipsters have somehow successfully gotten jobs that require them to mix drinks even though they have no idea what they are doing. They are not bartenders. Nor even "mixologists" (whatever the hell that is). They're just tattooed guys who stand behind a bar and look confused when you order anything that doesn't have the recipe in the name (gin and tonic, whiskey soda, etc).

And barbers have a waiting bench and take walk-ins, as God intended. They don't require one to call ahead like these man-bunned clowns do. Scheduling an appointment = "hair stylist". You don't get to call yourself a barber just because you've named your hair salon "Manly and Sons" or some other nonsense designed to prey upon the crying inner-child of guys who grew up without strong father figures. :p
and the business place should have bicycle parking facility, and espresso machine

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
One of these hip “barber shops” opened up two blocks from me a few years ago and I went there a few times because it seemed so convenient. I quickly learned that it was best to call ahead and make an appointment because they were often too busy for walk ins.
The last time I ever went there I arrived at the specified time and told the lady at the counter that I had an appointment. “No you don’t“ she replied. “Look,” I told her “you told me when to come in and I’m here at that time, how in the hell is that not an appointment”. Felt like I was in an old Monty Python skit.
these places come and go like ninjas, currently there are 2 nearby one is using modified shipping container as their shop painted black with white logo, I bet their AC expenses would nullify their profit, and I bet even when their room is air conditioned, there must be old fashioned ceiling fans running. these places always busy on the first few months, because they giveaway haircomb with their logo as gimmick and try to sell you their pomade packed in interesting looking pot, if you live in my country I guarantee this pomade is better used to condition your leather items than to put on your hair.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
What if a perfecto could get Vitiligo disease...

Only 13k, one size fits all. Description says it has the feel of a '30s Buco jacket!? Lol

IMG_4554.jpeg
IMG_4553.jpeg

Last edited:

cbez

One Too Many
1000018431.jpg
1000018424.jpg
1000018425.jpg
1000018427.jpg
Could use some more taper but I've seen worse for sure. You guys gotta understand the Japanese market is not as V shaped as the American market. Lots of toilet paper roll shaped guys. 1000018432.jpg

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 585798 View attachment 585799 View attachment 585800 View attachment 585801 Could use some more taper but I've seen worse for sure. You guys gotta understand the Japanese market is not as V shaped as the American market. Lots of toilet paper roll shaped guys. View attachment 585797
I have to agree with @torfjord , this looks like a terrible pattern.

Lots of toilet paper roll shaped guys.
I've met the guy in the last pic when I visited the Tokyo Trophy store. Nothing 'toilet paper roll' shaped about him. He can easily wear any western size 40 jacket and look great.

cbez

One Too Many
I have to agree with @torfjord , this looks like a terrible pattern.

I've met the guy in the last pic when I visited the Tokyo Trophy store. Nothing 'toilet paper roll' shaped about him. He can easily wear any western size 40 jacket and look great.
Yes, that guy is obviously bulkier? I'm talking the overall market and who they have to design for.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Haha "toilet paper roll shape" made me laugh! Seeing pictures of it worn it actually doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
https://standardandstrange.com/prod...own-br-45-25sp#mz-expanded-view-1235256993897

I want to like it but for me it's just a bridge too far. Screams give me attention a little too loudly.

View attachment 588608

Maybe this picture makes it more blatant than it really is? The grain looks very nice andthe jacket is simple to better showcase the grain of that bullhide.

I think it could look good with a t-shirt and a decent pair of blue jeans.

It does look too try hard on the website though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner