Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just won...

Gaige

One of the Regulars
Well, I stumbled across this with 2 minutes to go and made a snap decision.

It's my size... I love the look, and it had zero bids.

Who knows if it's fake or what, but... it just caught my eye.

So, I bid, and I won.

I hope this was a good purchase... [huh]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230157453336

DSC09823.JPG

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
It's not shabby and for that price you really can't go wrong. I wonder if it really has a waist like that or if it's pinned like they do in stores to make you think it's nipped in at the waist. Looks in perfect condition too. Good find.

Gaige

One of the Regulars
I hope it winds up being as good of a find as it seems.

It's not vintage... but I'm not too concerned about that. To my eye, it has the "look"...

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's a small detail, but I really like the colour of the buttons! It has great lapels and shoulders and, as Gaige says, have the 'look'. Congrats on winning it!

:eek:fftopic: Lolita, I've heard it said by men that a woman they admire grows more beautiful every day. You, however, grow lovelier every post!

Gaige

One of the Regulars
Mr. Holiday, thank you for your kind words on the suit. I just hope it fits well... :)

And as for your off-topic comment, I couldn't agree with you more!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Gaige, Looks like a good buy to me! :eusa_clap

Shoes, Shirt, Tie, Handbag, Topper? ...on second thought, scratch the handbag. :)

Gaige

One of the Regulars
Nashoba said:
So have you gotten the suit yet? How does it look on? Are you going to bring it to Atlanta??

Inquiring minds want to know.....:D

I have yet to receive it... but my plan is to take it to Atlanta, yes. :)

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Sharp. Show us how it looks kitted out when it comes!

I dunno about "CAPONE STYLE" tho (on the auction page)...anyone have photographic evidence of Scarface Al in a 2pc 6x1? Seems his stylish ways ended with his incarceration during the 3pc single-peaked and watch chain era.

withlawyer.JPG
This must be in the 40s, 'cause of the aviator shades and loud cravats, but Al's still turned out like it's 1931.

StanleyVanBuren

Tomasso said:
Oh, it's pinned to its last breath.

Yes, I'd have to agree. You can tell from looking at how it hangs; it wouldn't fold like that unless it was being pulled from behind. Unfortunate. Hopefully it is still reasonably trim without the pins. Looking forward to seeing the real deal.

Normally when I see a 6x1 I automatically assume 80s/90s, but this one has plenty of vintage characteristics. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than I could shed some light on how common the 6x1s were back in the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael