Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thebroker

One of the Regulars
Justified is set in Harlan, which is the next town over from me, but I haven't managed to catch an episode of it yet. From some of the comments here, sounds like it's just as well that I haven't.

Edit: I just took a look at the Justified website, and while we are discussing continuity, I'll point out one good thing in their favor. A whole lot of federal law enforcement officers carry SIG weapons, but the Marshals carry either a Glock 22 or 23. In Justified, judging from the website, he carries a Glock, so they got it right. Always bothers me when they get the gun wrong in movies or TV shows, so I'm glad they got it right! After seeing djd's post below, I'm going to try to catch it this week.

Last edited:

djd

Practically Family
I think it's a brilliant series. My favourite thing on tv at thd present. Very smart dialogue and interesting characters

Dave at the Garland HatCo Outlet store said they used a 4X Silver Belly Stetson Carson with a the brim trimmed a bit. They also have that hat band there too. Here is one floating on the Bay for reference =
http://cgi.ebay.com/Stetson-Cowboy-..._Hats&var=&hash=item870c743f27#ht_3452wt_1139

I love the show, replaced The Shield in my FX favorites list....It took Season 2 a while to get going but turned out good overall IMHO.

Lastmohecken

Familiar Face
I really like the show, and I think the hat looks good on him, and I think he wears it well, Just my opinion. Unfortunately, I can't get FX, so I have to wait for the disk to become available. I have the first season and the second is on order, whenever it becomes available.

I used to like the Deadwood series, until Wild Bill got killed, then I sorta lost interest, espacally when it seemed like the profanity really ramped up. I think there was way too much filthy language on it, and I can out cuss any sailor, but I got tired of it on this show.

GamaH

A-List Customer
I actually like the show. That, and Sons of Anarchy are the only two TV shows I bother watching.

djd

Practically Family
Same here gamaH.

I loved Deadwood. Probably one of my favourite shows of all time. I didn't mind the language at all - and ironically I thought that the dialogue was almost poetic at times. Tim Olyphant was superb in it too - all barely supressed fury!

GamaH

A-List Customer
Their accents are actually genuine as well; they're all Southern born and raised, with the exception of Tim.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Their accents are actually genuine as well; they're all Southern born and raised, with the exception of Tim.

Hi, I picked up a decent Kentucky accent within two hours of getting out of the car in Exciting Clay Kentucky growing up. For some reason, the drawl seems to be easy to pick up, but the sayings aren't.

"Don't get your panties in a wad."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm