Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Justin Roper Question

dancinggods

New in Town
in my seemingly never ending quest to find the perfect black boots to go with my daily uniform of dickies work pants and tucked in work shirt, here I am again.

I've been looking at the Justin Roper lace up boots. My last black boots were Stacey Adams Madison's, they barely lasted a year. How do these Ropers hold up? Is it easy to take the fringe part above the toe off? How long have they been producing this (or similar) style? The new ones don't appear to be made in the USA, am I wrong?

Why say ye?

in my seemingly never ending quest to find the perfect black boots to go with my daily uniform of dickies work pants and tucked in work shirt, here I am again.

I've been looking at the Justin Roper lace up boots. My last black boots were Stacey Adams Madison's, they barely lasted a year. How do these Ropers hold up? Is it easy to take the fringe part above the toe off? How long have they been producing this (or similar) style? The new ones don't appear to be made in the USA, am I wrong?

Why say ye?
I have a pair in brown pebble grain leather. They are a well made pair of boots and worth the money. Schepplers always has them on sale for a great price. They fit true to size. I am a 10 wide and the Justins in that size fit me perfectly. I have two other pairs of pull on ropers from Justin and they are great boots for the money, great value in my opinion. Yes, the tongue is easily removed as it is just laced in with the boot laces. Have not seen a pair in black.

Just checked the Sheplers site. The Justin lace up roper gets great reviews and there are a lot of them. It does not state that they are US made and many of the other Justin models say they are which leads me to believe the lace ups are not made here.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I have a pair of non-laceups from 1993 or so. Still doing great; they've been resoled a couple of times, but I don't wear them every week. Of course, their origin in 1993 might well have been different from Justin Ropers today. . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner