Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*Keeper* leather utility jacket photos.....

Radu

Familiar Face
GW Californian Ventura. Not my first leather jacket, but for sure my first keeper jacket.
It is so perfect that my only choice is to keep it.

CalVenturaresize1.jpg

CalVenturaresize3.jpg

Edward

Bartender
aero4.JPG

Another Highwayman.
I absolutely love this thing.
Lenny

Nice! Did you go with your regular size on this, or up/down one size?

Here are a couple of shots of my Highwayman (vintage cordovan FQHH), it was about five months old when these pictures were taken.

IMG_1812.JPG

IMG_1688.jpg

I'm a fan of the Aero Cordovan - my first Aero was (and still is - I'm tempted to ask to be 'boxed' wearing it, but as I wish to be cremated..... ;) ) a cordovan fqhh Bootlegger with a few mods I specified.

1avrgjoe

Familiar Face
Can you tell me what Aero this is specifically? I'd like to know the color also. I've been trying to decide between Aero, Vanson, and Schott, I like the steerhide and horsehide highwayman. Which is this and what brown is it?

1avrgjoe

Familiar Face
Can you tell me what Aero this is specifically? I'd like to know the color also. I've been trying to decide between Aero, Vanson, and Schott, I like the steerhide and horsehide highwayman. Which is this and what brown is it?
Still thinking about my other jackets but this I don't have to think about - my first real leather and still the one I seem to wear the most.

Aero Highwayman 40"

Highwayman2weeksold-1.jpg

Cooperson

One Too Many
No probs, as the post states it's an Aero Highwayman. The hide is their standard brown heavy front quarter horse - no cows involved in this one :)

1avrgjoe

Familiar Face
That's the one I want for sure, it looks great! I just got a Schott 141, it's a awesome jacket but I want a high quality brown jacket w/a collar. I tried to satisfy my needs w/a relatively cheap Wilsons leather jacket, and I tried a Wested Indy jacket but they have not done it for me. I'm hoping it's not too heavy to wear on cooler nights during the summer. I'm in West MA and it gets really hot and sticky in the summer, but plenty of cold winter and fall days, spring nights that will be perfect, thanks for the info.
No probs, as the post states it's an Aero Highwayman. The hide is their standard brown heavy front quarter horse - no cows involved in this one :)

Cooperson

One Too Many
You won't be disappointed with an Aero, the quality of the hide and the workmanship is as good as it gets. If you've never experienced heavy front quarter horse, you might be a little shocked when it first arrives. These jackets do stand up on their own, and the weight and stiffness can feel like trying on a suitcase, but persevere with it and when it breaks in you will love it. Make no mistake though, they are heavy jackets and some do find them a little too much for casual wear. One thing is certain, you'll never forget the smell of a new horsehide jacket when it enters the house :) Enjoy the experience - wish it was me again!

ForestForTheTrees

One of the Regulars
I like the collar on your Enfield. When I ordered my Aero Custom Half-Belt I requested a smaller sized collar because I always thought theirs (Aero's) was too large. ( I call it Dracula Style)!

I too prefer a shorter collar. I would categorize the custom jacket that Johnson Leathers made for me, complete with a shorter collar, as both a utility jacket and a keeper.

on_front_open.jpg

jon11

A-List Customer
Really special jackets I tip my hat to your collection HD simply fantastic. Got to get my wife into thinking I can go with a shorter jacket she feels the bottom of the jacket must be at the top of the Jean pocket. Having seeing your examples don't think so they look fantastic. I also love the zipped sleeve Highwayman from our friend in Norway.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana