*Keeper* leather utility jacket photos.....

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by HoosierDaddy, Dec 17, 2011.

1. A-1

A-1 One Too Many

Mark, your jacket looks awesome!
    Wilbur, your Lost Worlds is also a winner! Also dig the complete outfit with the jeans shirt as well.
    Navetsea and Monitor you both have great looking jackets, too. This is a nice thread by the way. This is my first visit and I like it here.

2. dan_t

dan_t Practically Family

Leather utility jacket?
    I can't go past my 1920's based half belt with action back for those 'utility' moments...

[​IMG]

Vezio likes this.
  3. Mark

Mark Practically Family

Thanks guys for your positive comments, no it's the standard HWM, I too have always thought it fitted me quite well but then I am possibly boarder line 36/38. It's not perfect mind you, the cuffs are a little wide for my liking, Holly, despite my repeated pleas would not slim the sleeves a tad for me. However, it is pretty near perfection in my eyes :)

ps. I wanted to multi-quote but could not sus out how to do it, just didn't want you thinking I was being lazy, just dum!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  4. Monitor

Monitor

A-1 & Navetsea, thank you! I've nailed the length on this one, though oddly so, the sleeves crease up much more than on my previous Aero's so I'm thinking I should've asked for an additional inch. But 26" has always been perfect thus far. Couldn't have known. This is the heaviest HH I've ever had from Aero, twice as bulky as my CR. Perhaps they're using heavier hides for HWM jackets?

Mark, I agree with you that it is as close to perfection as it can get, and considering that the perfect fit doesn't exist, you needn't give it another thought. :) Cuffs look fine to me. I've also asked them for slimmer sleeve openings, and even though they didn't do nothing to 'em, it turned out fine.

5. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Monitor, your pics clearly show why the HWM is Aero's top-selling jacket. That really looks fantastic. Any chance of some recent pics?

6. Monitor

Monitor

tropicalbob, thank you! :) And to think all this time I wanted a slim fit jacket, when clearly I wasn't built for it. I'm happy I went with the HWM, it is such a nice and versatile no nonsense jacket. Great off and on a bike, I can layer up underneath and the best part, it's beautiful! I've had mine modified with a few additional details, but it's still a Highwayman.

I'll take some more photos of it in a few days, once the lady returns from her vacation with the camera. Really love this jacket.

7. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Dan T, whudda thing. Monitor, keep that HWM.

8. Bunyip

Bunyip Call Me a Cab

Agree with both. Dan, you gave killed it mate, a superb jacket, with a perfect fit.

9. pawineguy

pawineguy One Too Many

I'm glad this thread was revived, some really super jackets Mark, Wilbur, Monitor, Dan and Navetsea. I'm particularly loving the two HWM, I agree with the poster who said that this illustrates why this is their best selling jacket, and an absolute classic.

10. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

Such a great jacket Dan, hope you are getting some use out of it with the weather we are having or is it too cold atm? Is there room for an extra layer under it?

11. dan_t

dan_t Practically Family

Too cold? Nope, I'd say just perfect!
    There is room for another layer, but works just as well with a single layer shirt.
    Very comfy fit & just warm enough with the cotton drill lining.
    This has become my 'go to' daytime jacket & my Sheene is my night time option.
    Now just need a black cafe racer to round out the collection!

12. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Looking at these jackets, I was just wondering what it is that makes a certain jacket a "go-to." Utility? Comfort? Some unnameable feel? An archetypal image? How come every time I put on my brown LHB I feel like I'm channeling Woody Guthrie? And why did I spend a number of years looking for this jacket?

13. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

I imagine what makes up a "go to" jacket varies from person to person. For me a go to jacket is likely to be a light hide with a longer back length. And the go to changes with the years. In the early 1990's I only wore long half-belts and I was quite indifferent to shorter patterns and hated cafe racers. There was no basis to any of this except it felt right at the time. Now I wear cafe racers most of the time.

sweetfights likes this.
  14. Roma

Roma A-List Customer

That one is superb, I believe the goat version is much lighter and softer than a 4 oz horsehide, but still extremely durable and protective.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    sweetfights likes this.
  15. mtrlr

mtrlr One of the Regulars

Ok, it's an old thread, but you still all have that "keeper" jacket after all these years?

16. I still have a few of my original 'keepers'....but sold some on after finding some more comfortable to wear and stylish fits IMO. Here's my Keeper collection now.....

20180417_130740.jpg 20180416_182436.jpg 20180420_135245.jpg 20190220_181518.jpg 20191125_145526.jpg

Bushman, Edward, Ayeteael and 13 others like this.
  17. mtrlr

mtrlr One of the Regulars

18. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

He definitely has the best tan jackets on here. The washed grey Thedi is as good as the tan buffalo, imho - the collars are fantastic.