Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

King Kong Sea Captain's hat

Havana

One of the Regulars
Hi, Does anyone know where I could pick up a hat like the one worn by the sea captain and the first mate in the recent King Kong film. Both hats appeared to be crush caps but not AAF types. I think the hats in this movie were common lids for merchant sailors back in the day but where can I find one now?

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've worn a couple inexpensive, $8-12, blue 'Skipper' hats for several years purchased at surplus stores. Greek Fisherman's caps have several colors and a couple slightly different styles and look good. Not too dressy but not an danged ballcap either.

Slouch-Hat

Familiar Face
Get the CPO cap

I wanted the same cap after seeing King Kong. And the CPO cap from Marlow White (see: previous member's post) is perfect. Plus, you can't beat the price. These things are comfortable and sturdy. Get one today!

S-H...

Slouch-Hat

Familiar Face
Update

Havana,

I almost forgot. If you have an Army/Navy surplus store in your town, head in there and check out their supply of Navy visor caps. I've found a number of them around $20.00. They're sturdy and built for military use so they stand up to wear and tear unlike those from costume shop type stores. You should be able to find what you're looking for in the surplus store. Good hunting!

Slouch-Hat...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24