Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(KNIVES) Let's see some sharp pointy objects

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Very nice Renault, judging by it's construction I'd say it's at least 100 yrs old. Who's the maker and is "England" stamped on the blade?

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Renault, I'm guessing the bolster is iron and the squared kicks are an old feature. It looks like a sailors knife so no other marks isn't surprising. I love early Sheffield made knives, the best there ever was.

Renault

One Too Many
Reminded me of a sailors knife with that lambs foot type blade. It's kinda small that's an old 38 special ctg in the photo for perspective. Bolster is shaped out a bit like you see on early table knives.

howardeye

Practically Family
You can send the the whole package to me for Christmas! Looks like some nice engraving on the the hammers and triggers. Are they Colts? Cannot tell from my phone. A nice display of the essential needs of a man!

Last edited:

howardeye

Practically Family
That Bowie by Grizzly and the Marbles knife posted by Renault just got me excited! Here is a USA made Marbles 15 inch Bowie my dad left me when he passed years back.

3BB09677-9718-4204-B19F-51A5931BF532-2693-000003164120E9EC_zps97b6d35c.jpg

Grizzly Adams

A-List Customer
You can send the the whole package to me for Christmas! Looks like some nice engraving on the the hammers and triggers. Are they Colts? Cannot tell from my phone. A nice display of the essential needs of a man!

The pistols are Ruger New Vaqueros. The frame and barrel have been bead blasted, and the parts left bright have been jeweled. The rifle is an original Winchester 1876 in caliber 45-75. It was built in 1881, and has British proof marks. The Bowie is a Searles pattern knife.

howardeye

Practically Family
Very nice. I like the Vaquero. I still would like to get a couple in 45 Long Colt a build some ivory grips for them. Like you I would have to doctor them up and smooth out the action also. I have retired from gun smithing and reloading. All my shooting, hunting, and fishing buddies are gone so I stick to jewelry making and riding Harleys!

Renault

One Too Many
Very nice Bowie Howardeye!!!!!

Trying to get things ready for this year's trip to the mountains. Just finished a really cheap
Scabbard for a recently handled green river. I like the cheap knives for butchering and such. No big deal if I loose one. Oldest son lost a vintage Case Finn in the snow back in 2010 walking back from his elk. We even looked for it tht next summer. Nuthin'!!

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I bought this on e-bay about a year ago. I have no idea what it is other than it is supposed to have a Damascus blade. It wasn't very expensive and I wonder if the blade is really Damascus. It seems like the "grain" of a Damascus blade would show in the edge, and that doesn't appear to be the case with this knife.

0811131705a_zps9e13995d.jpg

9bea60ef-5255-48a0-92bd-f2bd69ab2087_zps6e840997.jpg

AF

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
It's probably real Damascus AF, it's produced by the boatload in Pakistan and India. There isn't a lot of folds=work in the pattern, it's pretty simple. The reason you don't see the grain on the edge is because the etching agent is ground off there.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, Mike. I can't remember even why I bought the knife except that it caught my eye when I was looking for something else. I do remember that it came from the UK. I've never used it as I don't hunt big game anymore...but I do get it out and oil it from time to time. I'm guessing that it would be prone to rust, not being stainless.

AF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff