Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(KNIVES) Let's see some sharp pointy objects

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
Godfrey! Those are very nice knives. I do like the Alan Wood knife! Very useful look to that blade!

Out cooking on the pit now! !

Sounds good to me, I have been heavy into outside cooking for the past couple of weeks, following a shopping trip to Basspro while in Orlando and getting a good supply of spices and a bit of realtree cammo, oh heaven. I forgot to pick up a tin of Lincon logs :-( while I was there.

Looking forward to seeing the knife.

Landman

One Too Many
Randall's are great knives with a lot of history. Especially the Model One All Purpose Fighting Knife made famous in WWII. The problem is the wait is around 4 or 5 years if you order from the factory. There are a bunch of Randall's always listed on EBay though. People order the knives from the factory just to turn around and sell them as soon as they receive them. You can probably find what you are looking for there.

You should also go to YouTube and listen to "The Randall Knife" by Guy Clark. Great song about Guy's father and his Randall Knife.

Renault

One Too Many
Some great knives here. I really like this one especially the leather grip and overall classic feel. Question is though..... What do you do with a knife like this?

http://www.randallknives.com/knives/model-12-6-sportsman-bowie/

Edchat, that Randall you posted the link to, would make an ideal all around utility/hunting/skinning knife. 4 3/4" blade is a real nice size. Not too big, not too small! Would ride easy and unnoticed on your belt while afield. And I to like stacked leather handles! They do have the classic era look and feel!

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
Alan Wood bushcraft knife

A few more of my Alan Wood buscraft knife and link to the story.

P6150411_zps0aab9a5d.jpg

P6150409_zps1922e5c1.jpg

P6150410_zps773351f7.jpg

P6150415_zps75fe700d.jpg

P6150414_zpseaf6211e.jpg

http://http://www.alanwoodknives.com/the-woodlore-knife-story.html

Renault

One Too Many
How about "hobo" knives???? I forgot I had this one. Found it while rummaging thru some of my old wore out stuff. Usually these were not of the finest quality. But the stag is real on all the ones I've seen! ( okay, dyed bone).... This is a small one. Most are big robust things!!!Another blast from the past!

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
How about "hobo" knives???? I forgot I had this one. Found it while rummaging thru some of my old wore out stuff. Usually these were not of the finest quality. But the stag is real on all the ones I've seen! ( okay, dyed bone).... This is a small one. Most are big robust things!!!Another blast from the past

That takes me back! I had one years ago as youth and goodness knows what happened to it, although I still have the sheath, it is in my tool box in the garage and you have just reminded me about it.

Renault

One Too Many
Here are some of my favorite blades and such. Two of these knives I actually purchased. And I bet they were in the $9-$10 range. They others are all gifts, inherited or found.

Big butcher blade second from bottom was my grand dad's old hog and cattle butchering knife. I found it on the old farm, out in the barn, right before they sold the place. About 62-63 ish. No handles. I put handles on maybe 25 years ago. This may have been the blade used in the butchering, in the now famous ( in our family) "Aunt Jane kills the Holstein milk cow before school " episode in our ongoing chronicles of farm life back then!

The hatchet on the right, is my butchering hatchet. Many deer and hogs processed with that tool. Think that head cost me $3.50 and the steel is phenomenal!

Just typical blades from back in the day.

Edm1

Familiar Face
I don't have a current, or good picture, but I am a big fan of Great Eastern Cutlery. I am also a fan of Barlow knives. This is an older pic of some GEC barlows, an late 60's Case and a cheap Barlow. I have many more but this is the only pic I have.

As for modern ones I love my Chris Reeve Sebenza's.

006_zps6da49689.jpg

MikePotts

Practically Family
Yeah.....Lady P. did too....right up 'til they started digging up her patio flowers in the dead of night, now....not so much.....
snipersmilie_zpsbe526958.gif

Also.....can A2 tool steel be patina'd, rusted....colour adjusted in some way pretty quick?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff