Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kodak 1922 Kodachrome Film Test

martinsantos

Practically Family
Kodak always made a lot of research. The first experiments with color photography are ever much older.

But one thing was new to me. Kodachrome was created just in 1934/35, with a very different system of color couplers. Maybe this example isn't exactly the Kodachrome (byu the way, the most marvelous color system ever created).

martinsantos

Practically Family
I agree about the clothes, etc - looks much more late teens.

And maybe we have here isn't faded collors. If I remember well, the first sucessful color processes were TWO color kind, not three as would be correct. Agfa tried one system with only two colors. And Kodak had in 1914/1915, a useful 2-color system.

There were so many color systems from late 1880 to 1935... Some very anoyding, like the first Agfa, from 1934, with special filters over the camera and the projector. Kodachrome outdated all them except for a few.

(Anyway, I really don't like color, usually... BW can hold the essence, the soul. Almost impossible to do this with colors).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner