Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

La Bella Luna

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Just back from a condo meeting and I was struck by how beautiful the moon is tonight--it's a beautiful clear night in Boston, one of those evenings when the full moon looks enormous. So pretty.

Kishtu

Practically Family
The autumn equinox was last - Sunday?

So now we will be getting those pearlescent low full moons that always speak of winter to me.... cold clear nights and black trees. And living out in the country as we do, we don't get light pollution, so stars like diamonds on black velvet.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
imoldfashioned said:
Just back from a condo meeting and I was struck by how beautiful the moon is tonight--it's a beautiful clear night in Boston, one of those evenings when the full moon looks enormous. So pretty.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Y-PlhlhBNU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Y-PlhlhBNU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

RIOT

Practically Family
Full Moon? Harvest Moon?

I was too busy turning in to a wolf last night to notice. Must have been beautiful ;)

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Big orange Harvest Moon out here.
th_Tip-Hat.gif

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
The full moon always makes me want to sing Shine on Harvest Moon. Was it me or was the moon extra bright last night? My moonflowers and angel's trumpets all open up at night in the backyard and fill the yard with a heady jasmine-esque scent. They were especially lovely last night. The blooms seemed to almost glow in the moonlight, making for one of those perfect little moments you never want to forget.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
BeBopBaby said:
The full moon always makes me want to sing Shine on Harvest Moon. Was it me or was the moon extra bright last night? My moonflowers and angel's trumpets all open up at night in the backyard and fill the yard with a heady jasmine-esque scent. They were especially lovely last night. The blooms seemed to almost glow in the moonlight, making for one of those perfect little moments you never want to forget.

I love the picture your words create--your garden must be lovely. Moonflowers and Morning Glories are some of my favorite flowers.

Dominic

One of the Regulars
In the northern hemisphere, it's sometimes known as the Harvest Moon because farmers could tend to their crops late at night under the moonlight.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Then there's the lovely Neil Young song, On
This Harvest Moon

"I want to dance with you tonight
On this harvest Moon"

Glad this isn't about a fish. I was checking out La Bella Tuna. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner