Ladies, Bespoke: Ivey Abitz

Discussion in 'The Front Parlor' started by scotrace, Oct 29, 2013.

1. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

These dresses keep catching my eye. Made up when ordered, from fabric choices. They're "vintage inspired," yet have a sort of look all their own. If you made a soup of Edwardian, Annie Hall, and Les Miserables, this might be the style you'd cook up.
    Priced accordingly. Do we like?
    Www.iveyabitz.com

image.jpg

2. Miss Retro Chic

Miss Retro Chic New in Town

Difficult question. I've got a sort of love/hate relationship with this style. I wouldn't wear it myself, but I do have to admit this style looks great on some people.

3. VintageBee

VintageBee One of the Regulars

At my age, looking like a street urchin isn't flattering!
    I think it should stay in the 'costume' category....tonight is Halloween:rolleyes:

4. TimeWarpWife

TimeWarpWife One of the Regulars

Honestly, my first thought was of Eliza Doolittle in the movie My Fair Lady. And while Audrey Hepburn could pull off just about any look, this isn't something I'd wear. After looking at the website, these outfits look a bit Downton Abbey-esque to me which aren't too bad.

9-1-index.jpg 41-1-index.jpg

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  5. Stray Cat

Stray Cat My Mail is Forwarded Here

Style? I like. :thumb:
    NOW, the Question is: would I wear it?
    NO. :nono:
    I'm a "iron my shirts, polish my shoes, utterly conservative" girl.
    Going all "boho" wouldn't feel good.

6. epr25

epr25 Practically Family

7. I Adore Film Noir

I Adore Film Noir A-List Customer

Not at all. They have a "lost on the prairie" look to them.

8. Lily Powers

Lily Powers Practically Family

Beautiful garments, although a bit costume-y. Love the fabric options, but honestly -even though they're bespoke - I just can't support the price point.

9. St. Louis

St. Louis Practically Family

Oh, I find this look immensely charming! I didn't know about this designer, so thank you for posting. This look reminds me strongly of Krista Larson, Cynthia Ashby and Rundholz. Now I don't mean this in any kind of catty way, but about ten or twelve years ago I would have died over these clothes, though of course I couldn't afford them then or now. I think the Germans call this Lagenlook?

For the past few years I've mostly worn 1930s and 1940s, so this look doesn't tempt me now, but I thoroughly enjoy the creativity and the charm. The clothes look well-made and the fabrics are beautiful.