Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ladies I need HELP!

dostacos

Practically Family
My wife has not been happy with her hair for years. mainly supercuts.

We live in Diamond Bar, California, [where the 60 & 57] cross just north of Orange County in the Inland Empire.

What she would like is a place/person who can do a good 30s-40s hairstyle? she has hair that goes just past her shoulders

Dan

ITG

Call Me a Cab
There was a post about a salon in the LA area that is styled like a 50s place. I think some of the girls had a good review of it. But for the life of me I don't remember the name. I'd do a search but my lunch time is up here at work.

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
Dan,

I go to Ultra Lux in Redondo Beach and absolutly adore it and would definetly recommend it. And luckily it sounds like Redondo is closer to you then Burbank. I suggest Sara, but really all the girls there are wonderful, they are very knowlegable of vintage hairstyles and they're also great with general color and cuts. The salon is very cute and as my boyfriend says "very hip", it's filled with actual vintage salon "things", like a hairspray dispenser, old signs and such.

Hope this helps!

-Madison

dostacos

Practically Family
Madison Paige said:
Dan,

I go to Ultra Lux in Redondo Beach and absolutly adore it and would definetly recommend it. And luckily it sounds like Redondo is closer to you then Burbank. I suggest Sara, but really all the girls there are wonderful, they are very knowlegable of vintage hairstyles and they're also great with general color and cuts. The salon is very cute and as my boyfriend says "very hip", it's filled with actual vintage salon "things", like a hairspray dispenser, old signs and such.

Hope this helps!

-Madison
yes it does, they are about in between. I hope somebody comes up with an Orange County or Inland Empire but I am not holding my breath

we can try a Saturday appt once then maybe hit Redondo the morning of the QM so she will be fresh for the weekend

ShortClara

One Too Many
Oh, sorry not OC, but I go to Frenchie's in Burbank too. I really like Marissa, and recently left my old colorist for her!! :) Nice cuts, too

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Keep in mind that she doesn't have to pay a lot for a hairdresser who specializes in vintage styles in order to get a good cut that will work for her. Super Cuts will always give you a bad haircut. It shouldn't be too hard for her to find any type of higher quality salon to give her a better cut. For most vintage styles, all that's needed is some layers cut into the hair and any stylist should be able to do that for her. In addition, most decent stylists should be able to give her something good if she takes in some pictures of vintage styles that she might like to emulate.

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
I agree with Kitty. I pay about $40 for a hair cut, which is more than Super Cuts, but my hairdresser is also worlds better than the folks there. Bur really, $40 isn't much. It all comes down to training. The owner of the salon I go to studied at Vidal Sasson in London, and even taught there for a while. Her last salon was voted one of the best in the area. She has high standards for the folks in her salon, and require that they attend regular classes, training, and hair shows.

The chain places like Regis, Super Cuts, Fantastic Sams, etc, are not very high quality, and don't have very rigorous standards. One way to weed out high quality salons - if they are Aveda salons, you can bet they are high quality. To be an Aveda salon, they have go through a rigorous selection process, and go through several training courses on the products. http://www.aveda.com And, they use natural products free from harmful chemicals. My current salon isn't Aveda, but I loved my old one that was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen