Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies of the lounge and their mothers/grandmothers

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
I'm afraid I don't look like the majority of my family. I do look the most like my father, who is an exact carbon copy of his father (my grandfather), pictured here with his sister (my great aunt):

PeterLouise.jpg

I got their noses, I'm afraid.

photobooth.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

For reference, here is a picture of my maternal grandmother. I don't have any pictures of my paternal grandmother, she passed when my father was a child.

scan0007.jpg

I certainly didn't get her looks!

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
zendy said:
Paisley, you look so much like her!
this is a great start:eusa_clap

It looks like we might have the same stubborn disposition, too.

Some of the ladies here look almost exactly like their ancestors--even if they think they don't!

ladybrettashley

One of the Regulars
I don't have any pictures on hand, but i'm pretty much a copy of my mom, which also means i look pretty similar to her mom. If people can get past that, i look a lot like my dad, too.

Then again, my mom and dad look so similar it's amazing they aren't related (well, you know, other than the marriage part ;)). My godmother, who's been Mom's best friend since they were tiny, even mistook a photo of Dad's niece for an old photo of Mom once!

zendy

A-List Customer
MissHannah and Audrey Horne you are the spitting image of your grandmothers. Texas girl, i think you look alot like your paternal gran, and Be bop baby you actually do look really similar to you maternal gran.
As MissHanna was saying, I also didn't realize that I looked like my paternal grandmother until about an hour before this thread was made whenI was sorting pictures my father just gave me. Unfortunately she passed when my dad was young. It's amazing to see the resemblance, especially since I lookexactly like my mom, only taller. I'll post pics of her and I later when she comes to visit.

Lenore

Practically Family
ladybrettashley said:
my mom and dad look so similar it's amazing they aren't related (well, you know, other than the marriage part ;))

Strange how that happens... if one more person asks me if my husband is my brother, I'm going to scream.

Incorporeal13

Familiar Face
Hmm, I know I look nothing like my mother, but my daughter looks just like her. As for my grandmother, everyone says I take after her, but I'm not sure.

My great-grandmother:
denccvise011.jpg

My grandmother:
hjkjk.jpg

My mother:
yutryut.jpg

Me:
six.jpg

My daughter and my mother at around the same age:
tfuyt.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Sorry for a pic overload!

The Shirt

Practically Family
I'm going to have to do more digging. I have my mother's face shape but not really of her features. I look identical though to some of the people that originally settled in the Kansas town about 3 generations back.

Cruise1-2-2.jpg

This is fun to see everyone - great idea!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
The Shirt said:
I'm going to have to do more digging. I have my mother's face shape but not really of her features. I look identical though to some of the people that originally settled in the Kansas town about 3 generations back.

You gals have the same smile :)

The Shirt

Practically Family
Thanks! I just wish I got her petite figure. 98 lbs that wee little one - I tower over her! I loves my mum. Maybe I have the same issue with my mum and pa looking so much like siblings, I always saw more from my pa's side since I am tall like his family. They both have thin lips, little noses and nice teeth. I lucked out on everything but the nice full lips!

I think it's really amazing to see how far back some of you can trace your features. Like Paisley's photo - wow!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
My Mum and my Dad's youngest sister look scarily alike. I sometimes think people do unwittingly choose partners who are similar to themselves or their family members!

I look very like my mother, but the older I get, the more I see my Dad in myself, and also my Maternal Grandmother.

December

One of the Regulars
Miss Sis said:
My Mum and my Dad's youngest sister look scarily alike. I sometimes think people do unwittingly choose partners who are similar to themselves or their family members!

I apparantly look a bit like my fiance's mum when she was younger. Though I don't see it myself.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My mother has a different father than her two younger brothers. As such, we are related to a side of the family that is of the 'passing' persuasion. Talking green/gray eyes folks with light brown hair and such. So half of my family is very light, and the other half (by Grannys side) is very dark. My mother and I take after the light side. My mother even had red hair as a kid.

roundframes.jpg
Grannysayslate70s.jpg

Im told I act more like my Granny than look like her :)

LD

cecil

A-List Customer
These are great! MissHannah when I saw you post photos of your family somewhere else on the sight I instantly saw where you got your good looks from :D

I look a little bit like my gran, and I have the same figure as her (albeit with a little extra padding lol) but I look alot more like her sister Niki.

Me:
3074_75411159218_542939218_1672668_7309104_n.jpg

Niki:

3626658327_b5887791b5.jpg

It's harder to see because I'm not smiling but friends all agree that I'm her clone. I actually wish I was smiling in that photo because we have the same tight smile as well...I guess I inherited her teeth too! lol

Edit:

Wait, here we go. Old gothtastic photo, haha.

partyme-2.jpg

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
I love this! Here is a picture of my grandma, my mom, and me. I've always been told how much I look like my mom, but recently she's started looking more like my grandma and I'm seeing less of a resemblance between me and her. For the first time ever the other day she actually had to tell people I was her daughter without them automatically guessing. And here's something funny - we're all natural blondes, but have all chosen to dye our hair almost the same shade of auburn!
61374_10150256919715012_597260011_14683676_3017121_n.jpg

I wish I had access to older pictures of my mom and grandma. Here's the oldest one of my mom I have, with my step dad.
n594932755_988080_2202.jpg

Last edited:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
My grandmother's high school graduation pic, 1929

nannie29.jpg

She's probably the relative I most take after physically -- except she was a dite under 5 feet tall and I'm 5 foot 6. My mother looks somewhere between her and me -- but we're all obvious strikes off the same die.

Geiamama

One of the Regulars
Everyone who meets us swear that my great-grandmother (from photos), my grandmother, my mother, my girls and I all look like clones of each other but I don't see it. I think I follow my father's side of the family more.

mum.jpg

My mother at 26 holding me.

IMG00082-20101030-1517.jpg

My mother now, holding my youngest, with my grandmother and my brother - sorry it's not a great photo.

susanandgramma.jpg

My father's youngest sister and his mother. I have my Aunt Susan's face shape, nose and smile, and my Gramma's eyes. I also have my Aunt's loud, mischevious, temperamental personality (which has got us both into trouble on more than one occasion) as well as my grandmother's love of dressing up, she used to go the pub dressed as Minnie Mouse just for the heck of it!

And finally, me.
IMG_0180.jpg

Last edited:

ThePowderKeg

One of the Regulars
I look enough like my mother that if we get separated in a store and I look around for her, people who haven't even seen us together will tell me, "oh, she went that way." It's kind of scary.

I don't have any recent photos of myself, but my dad just gave me a ton of photos of his parents. If I took a picture of my paternal grandmother in 1945 and cut out the face shape, then pasted my maternal grandmother's eyes and nose from 1946 under my paternal gram's eyebrows, I'd end up with a picture that looks like me with a wig and thinner lips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana