Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LADIES of the LOUNGE

missmelly

One of the Regulars
MrNewportCustom said:
Fantastic pictures, missmelly, and a great look, too. :) I especially like this one. It has a great classic feel. :)

Lee

Thanks!! My husband and I do a photo shoot every year from a different time period. The 'Titanic' pose was done about 3 years ago. Last year, I made him a Civil War uniform (Confederate) and I made a big puffy dress for me. The pictures turned out great...we really look like a grumpy couple that doesn't smile from 1860.
This year...I think we'll jump 100 years later and go 1960s.
.:Miss Melly:.;)

Nashoba

One Too Many
missmelly said:
Thanks!! My husband and I do a photo shoot every year from a different time period. The 'Titanic' pose was done about 3 years ago. Last year, I made him a Civil War uniform (Confederate) and I made a big puffy dress for me. The pictures turned out great...we really look like a grumpy couple that doesn't smile from 1860.
This year...I think we'll jump 100 years later and go 1960s.

How fun is that! I couldn't get my husband to do something like that for anything! It's going to be all I can do to get him into his Alphas and his Blues when he comes home for the first formal pictures since our wedding. The pictures are fabulous, your decendents might be a bit confused though if there aren't any explanations to go with the pictures years and years from now :)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Miss Melly & The Titanic...

Miss Melly, firstly, welcome to The Lounge, and what a great entrance you've made into our little world coming down the grand polished mahogany staircase in all your vintage finery!!:eusa_clap

My Great Grandfather took the photo of RMS Titanic, as she sat in Belfast Docks, prior to sea trials. So, I just thought it was appropriate to pop it in here alongside your lovely homage photograph. Hope you don't mind.

john-melly-waterfrontsmall.jpg

Portland, OR East Bank Esplanade "Boarding The Titanic"

DogPainting001.jpg

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Nashoba said:
The pictures are fabulous, your decendents might be a bit confused though if there aren't any explanations to go with the pictures years and years from now :)

It will be the same with us - we have lots of 'old' pictures. Worse, I will be a mad old lady who when asked 'Grandma, what year did you....?', I will probably say 1936 or something! I can't even remember what year things happen now, so there'll be no hope then!

missmelly

One of the Regulars
What a great photo! My husband is an encyclopedia of Titantic history so I will show this to him. We also have a "Titanic" inspired room. We were inspired by the First Class Smoking Room.
Thank you all for the nice compliments.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Miss Melly welcome and thank your for posting your gorgeous photos! Very impressive! Love the coloring on the parasol. Great hair in the first pic!

We should talk Titanic~ I want to make my usptairs hallway look like Titanic's halls. ;) Would LOVE to see your room!

Paddy, what a wonderful photo, you're so lucky to have it.

I'll share just a few of my Titanic crazed pics, but Melly yours looks authentic! :eusa_clap
Nikki
620783863_6aa0244c24.jpg

620798871_1242201991.jpg

missmelly

One of the Regulars
ohairas said:
Miss Melly welcome and thank your for posting your gorgeous photos! Very impressive! Love the coloring on the parasol. Great hair in the first pic!

We should talk Titanic~ I want to make my usptairs hallway look like Titanic's halls. ;) Would LOVE to see your room!

Paddy, what a wonderful photo, you're so lucky to have it.

I'll share just a few of my Titanic crazed pics, but Melly yours looks authentic! :eusa_clap
Nikki
Your pics are great as well! Did you sew your outfits? I'm a novice at the sewing machine but I enjoy making dresses.
I'll try to take some decent photos of the "smoking room" and post those. We have a different theme in each room. We're really into home improvement shows and being "weekend warriors". We're about to redo our kitchen (eep!). Let me know if you need remodeling tips.:eusa_clap
.:Miss Melly:.

Nashoba

One Too Many
Miss Sis said:
It will be the same with us - we have lots of 'old' pictures. Worse, I will be a mad old lady who when asked 'Grandma, what year did you....?', I will probably say 1936 or something! I can't even remember what year things happen now, so there'll be no hope then!

lol....we can slip into our own self induced time warp....

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Melly!!
:eek:fftopic:
I'll start a Titanic thread over in the Display Case.. come on over and show me whatcha got!
We've been remodeling our 100 year old house for 4 years now, but could always use some tips!
I had the flying dress made. I'll tell more about it over there! ;)

And thank you Nashoba!
Nikki

missmelly said:
Your pics are great as well! Did you sew your outfits? I'm a novice at the sewing machine but I enjoy making dresses.
I'll try to take some decent photos of the "smoking room" and post those. We have a different theme in each room. We're really into home improvement shows and being "weekend warriors". We're about to redo our kitchen (eep!). Let me know if you need remodeling tips.:eusa_clap
.:Miss Melly:.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Well these have both appeared as my avatar, but I figured I might as well get around to posting them here anyway...

lily.jpg

This is from a shoot I did some months back. I'm STILL waiting for the photographer to do the retouches.

Shannon_AM271-Edit3.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Slightly off topic: I love your glasses in your first picture KittyT--the color is really flattering and they're the perfect size too. I've been after a vintage pair of specs for awhile but, so far, all the ones I've liked have been too large for my face.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
imoldfashioned said:
Slightly off topic: I love your glasses in your first picture KittyT--the color is really flattering and they're the perfect size too. I've been after a vintage pair of specs for awhile but, so far, all the ones I've liked have been too large for my face.

Yeah, I really like them! The neutral color is good for everyday wear and the cat eye isn't too exaggerated. They are new frames, made by <a href="http://www.neostyle.com">Neostyle</a>, model College 261.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Matt Noir said:
:D Thanks for welcome and morning smile!

Regards,

Matt

Totally Off topic, but the weirdest thing happened. I was reading this thread, saw your post and details and the next moment my colleague two desks away started singing "the Witchita Lineman"!! Spooky!

carter

I'll Lock Up
I am dumbfounded EVERY time I look at this particular thread.

I think Scotrace is too. Being a Bartender in the FL must be a tough job. I know editing this thread must be just killing him! :eusa_doh:
Hang in there, Scott, we're all behind you! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot