Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LADIES of the LOUNGE

dostacos

Practically Family
personally I don't think I have seen a single lady on hear that has not had a fantastic smile, it warms the cockles of my heart when I visit and see their smiling faces [not sure what a heart cockle is BUT I am pretty sure it is good to have it warmed]

Normally I call the fairer sex girls, NOT to be demeaning or call them childish, but when I use it the title has been reserved for OLDER ladies [as in my MOM'S age] well all ya'all [all ya'all is the plural of ya'all;)] have broken me of that habit, because some of you are near my age and some are as young as my sons, BUT lady here is a term to me of CLASS and nothing less.

ladies I doff my Fedora to you, each and every one

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
Oh my gosh, the last time I was able to come into the lounge for more than a couple of minutes was months ago (due to stupid technology), I can't believe how much this thread has grown! I can't bear the thought of being left out, since everyone else is still showing pictures, so here's a couple of me (again, please excuse the fact that I'm lacking vintage hair & make-up).

n61005476_33893709_6614.jpg

n61005476_33893661_2632.jpg

Lola Valentine said:
...so here's a couple of me (again, please excuse the fact that I'm lacking vintage hair & make-up).
What's to excuse, Miss Lola? This ol' rattler, for one, would argue that you're drop-dead gorgeous just as you are, without even needing any of that, dear lady...;) Between those eyes and that smile...

Lauren said:
I don't understand the question.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start a tangent. Maybe there should be a separate thread created?
Miss Lauren, I was asking does a guy have to be "perfect '20s-'50s reenactment 24/7", or are there some areas where a little concession to modernity or practical necessity is allowed? (Or are you just talking about adhering to the "gentleman's standard"? Geez, I was just down in San Diego last month...lol;))

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Diamondback said:
Miss Lauren, I was asking does a guy have to be "perfect '20s-'50s reenactment 24/7", or are there some areas where a little concession to modernity or practical necessity is allowed? (Or are you just talking about adhering to the "gentleman's standard"? Geez, I was just down in San Diego last month...lol;))

No, I mean a good old-fashioned attitude. I could actually care less how he dresses! But a man who can fend for himself, is independent and gentle, mannerly and respectful- and expects nothing unethical from lady. I always thought an old-fashioned gentleman was more in action than in appearance and wealth.

WARNING: :eek:fftopic:
Lauren said:
No, I mean a good old-fashioned attitude. I could actually care less how he dresses! But a man who can fend for himself, is independent and gentle, mannerly and respectful- and expects nothing unethical from lady. I always thought an old-fashioned gentleman was more in action than in appearance and wealth.
Hmm... attitude's easy enough, as are "respectful" (except when provoked) and "mannerly" (except when necessity as a tactician dictates otherwise--I've always believed when with a lady, a gentleman's first responsibility is protecting her), or expecting anything unethical--unfortunately, my dealbreaker has also been "outed".:eek: (Not that I'm "accepting" it, or giving up fighting it... does "requires considerable external support but able to output two people's worth of productivity" count?)

Lauren said:
Heck, what do I know anyway. That's only one gal's opinion.
OK, Miss Lauren, now we quibble. First, bad idea to have the attitude in that first sentence, affirmations are powerful things--I know, I've seen the effect they can have! And second, your opinion's as valid and as valuable as anyone else's... I guess I'm saying "don't sell yourself short"...

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Welcome to the Lounge Johanna.

You'll be well looked after and I have no doubt you'll meet new friends and have a great time here. Good to meet a new member.

Foofoogal

Banned
Welcome Johanna.
I need to get some popcorn on this one as I am sure the FL gentlemen will be finding you soon.lol
Lovely cupid lips BTW and knock out vintage suit. Sandy

Nashoba

One Too Many
Foofoogal said:
Welcome Johanna.
I need to get some popcorn on this one as I am sure the FL gentlemen will be finding you soon.lol
Lovely cupid lips BTW and knock out vintage suit. Sandy

oooh save me a seat foofoo....I wanna watch the show too lol

Johanna, you're just lovely....and welcome to the lounge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart