Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LADIES of the LOUNGE

panamag8or

Practically Family
carter said:
lol :eusa_clap

lol
Emmababy, Why is it that I can picture your avatar saying that with an absolutely deadpan delivery? :)

(ala Rita ____ (?) a very funny lady)(What is her last name?)

Rudner. Rita Rudner.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Miss Brill said:
I did that 'My Heritage' thing today and it matched me up with Jacqueline Onassis and Aishwarya Rai. I really don't look like them, how do they decide on a match? [huh]
I got Aishwarya Rai also and a few other Bollywood actresses. I don't look like any of them but it was a great boost to my self esteem.

carter

I'll Lock Up
A few one liners from Rita Rudner:

Before I met my husband, I'd never fallen in love, though I'd stepped in it a few times.

I got kicked out of ballet class because I pulled a groin muscle. It wasn't mine.

I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.

I was a vegetarian until I started leaning toward the sunlight.

I was going to have cosmetic surgery until I noticed that the doctor's office was full of portraits by Picasso.

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

In Hollywood a marriage is a success if it outlasts milk.

Most turkeys taste better the day after; my mother's tasted better the day before.

My husband gave me a necklace. It's fake. I requested fake. Maybe I'm paranoid, but in this day and age, I don't want something around my neck that's worth more than my head.

My mother buried three husbands, and two of them were just napping.

Neurotics build castles in the air, psychotics live in them. My mother cleans them.

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.

When I meet a man I ask myself, 'Is this the man I want my children to spend their weekends with?'

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
carter said:
THank you sir. That's her. A very funny lady. Kinda cute too as I recall. :)

Kinda? VERY! ;) Kinda married, too, after her first album! :D

I've always liked her line, "Sales people lie! They hold up an ugly dress and say, 'It looks much better on.' On what, on fire? They say 'Buy these shoes, they'll stretch.' And I say, 'Take this check, it'll bounce.'" :D

Or; "I'm not going to age gracefully. Im going to have facelifts until my ears meet."

Lee

"Some people think having large breasts makes a woman stupid. Actually, it's quite the opposite: a woman having large breasts makes men stupid." - Rita Rudner

Rooster

Practically Family
HURRAH FOR MR. JONES!:eusa_clap For taking pictures of my favorite subject. It never matters where Miss Buchanan is, she always looks great.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic