Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies suits

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
1940's Navy Blue Jacket with Fantastic Collar & Pockets

1940's Navy Blue Jacket with Fantastic Collar & Pockets

A jacket I bought with a wool and silk blend, but it never felt right, so I ended up not wearing it. I think that the shoulders were too big. I took off the buttons to keep and let the jacket go for $15 :eusa_doh:. I think it was New Old Stock.

blue_jacket2d.JPG

blue_jacket2a.JPG

blue_jacket2b.JPG
blue_jacket2c.JPG
blue_jacket2f.JPG

blue_jacket2g.JPG
blue_jacket2h.JPG

blue_jacket2e.JPG

Actual color of jacket:
blue_jacket2i.JPG

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I just bought my first suit! I don't know if I'm getting buyer's remorse though as I can't really afford it...I am sending a cheque so I haven't actually paid yet. Reassure me ladies!

2364848940_92f430a623.jpg

2364848974_316ca92a4b.jpg

2364852010_2503aa5017.jpg

It looks a bit shapeless on the dummy, but it's fabulously curvy and the perfect size. Plus excellent condition! I don't know if the beige is a bit drab though.:eusa_doh:

Vintage Betty

Miss De Guerre - I've collected Ladies Suits for over 20 years and can assure you this is an EXCELLENT SUIT!

You have great taste and if you don't send that check, I am going to run over to that seller and pretend I'm you so I can get it! lol

Great find!

Vintage Betty

TessTrueheart

Fleur De Guerre said:
I just bought my first suit! I don't know if I'm getting buyer's remorse though as I can't really afford it... Reassure me ladies!

It looks a bit shapeless on the dummy, but it's fabulously curvy and the perfect size. Plus excellent condition! I don't know if the beige is a bit drab though.:eusa_doh:

It's fabulous! I love the detailing. If you feel it's too "beige", just wear a bunch of colourful accessories. It already has bling!

MissS

A-List Customer
Fleur De Guerre said:
I just bought my first suit! I don't know if I'm getting buyer's remorse though as I can't really afford it...I am sending a cheque so I haven't actually paid yet. Reassure me ladies!

2364848940_92f430a623.jpg

2364848974_316ca92a4b.jpg

2364852010_2503aa5017.jpg

Fleur, it's a fabulous suit! Subtle, yet sexy - love it and can't wait to see a piccie of it on you! Send the cheque!

Smuterella

One Too Many
I like that suit, its gorgeous - you lucky thing!

I've just had a little 50's suit arrive, its got pretty little bakelite buttons. I hope it fits! I'm too hungover and depressed to try it on today though.

D

Deleted member 3716

Smuterella said:
I'm too hungover and depressed to try it on today though.

:eek:
that is NOT the spirit, young lady!
i'd have to be stapled to the floor to stop me trying on a new purchase!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Awww... smutsy baby! Come on... make yourself a cup of tea, watch an old movie and eat biscuits. That solves everything :)

Smuterella

One Too Many
and you two can stop being so darn chirpy ;)

free champagne is evil, evil I tell you

*looks at suit and wilts just thinking of the effort involved in trying it on*

Smuterella

One Too Many
OK, it fits perfectly, I didn't take pics of it on as I feel rotten and look worse but here are pics of it on the hanger:

2008_03270017.jpg

2008_03270018.jpg

2008_03270019.jpg

Vintage Betty

1940's Joseph Magnin Houndstooth Suit: Briarbrook Tailored by Leslie Fay

Not the most flattering photo, but you get the idea. I included the stocking shot so you could see the actual material of the suit. For more on this outfit, click here.

betty2_012708.JPG

betty3_012708.JPG

Vintage Betty

What a cute suit Smuterella! I'm looking forward to seeing it on you.

Here's a 1940's suit with unique details.

Not the most flattering photo, but you get the idea. I included the stocking shot so you could see the actual material of the suit. For more on this outfit, click here.

betty2_012708.JPG

betty3_012708.JPG

Vintage Betty

TessTrueheart said:
You are ever so welcome Betty and please, keep posting!

Thank you for the encouragement!

Any special requests?

Here's mine:

I'd like to see some of MissHannah's wardrobe posted here, and I know there are at least a few ladies with at least one vintage or reproduction suit who haven't posted yet.

Post away ladies!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy