Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies suits

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Now I really am confused. Are you speaking of the cut of the garments or the actual sizing availability of the products? I would think that size availability would be fairly wide - because people have and always will come in all sizes...but maybe this is not what you are referring to at all.

lois james

New in Town
Love this suit !

Mrs. Merl said:
Here is my suit. Neither vintage, nor a good picture. But I thought I would post it just the same. As I do really like my suit - cause it is actually wool, fully lined and is a decent cut - vintage-esque! Hard to find these days with women's suits being so shoddy! Oh plus, I got it for a real bargain!
SuitPicture.jpg
[/IMG]

Yes this is a lovely suit ,perfect style you look great ,like the tie ,
very nice!

analiebe

A-List Customer
Son_of_Atropos said:
I haven't read every post but I cannot stand the women's pants suit. It just seems bland to me. Call me old fashioned but men should dress like men and women should dress like women.

maybe its just me but nothing bland about these ladies...

430px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-14627,_Marlene_Dietrich.jpg

be046717.jpg

2696680627_b235d3fa39.jpg

1935364447_d3998ed2a9.jpg

1507513585_caaaf799ba.jpg

butchfemmecouples1920s_2.jpg

and it appears that lovely lasses have been wearing the pants and still "dressing like women" for quite a while now...

bicycle1894bazar.jpg

Loveru

New in Town
does anyone know of any good affordable 1940 made to measure or reproduction ladies suit websites? Proper 1940 suits are so expensive and wont fit me im a bit curvy, and theres no way my shitty intermediate sewing skills are up to scratch. any suggestions i would be very grateful x

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
does anyone know of any good affordable 1940 made to measure or reproduction ladies suit websites? Proper 1940 suits are so expensive and wont fit me im a bit curvy, and theres no way my shitty intermediate sewing skills are up to scratch. any suggestions i would be very grateful x

I purchased a 1940's repro suit from Heyday! I really like it. The sizing goes up to 22 & best of all it's a reasonably light weight fabric (which is great for the Australian climate).

Last edited:

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Sorry to intrude ladies, but for mother's day I bought my wife a couple of suits. There is something about women's suits from the 1940s and 50s.

A 1950s gray POW Neiman Marcus:
402660337.jpg

402660332.jpg

Last edited:

suits lover

A-List Customer
Sadly, beside my grand-mother and some older women, were I live I never see women with nice suits like the one inside Sears catalogue. I even d'ont see modern one very much. Any woman look so beautifull when they wore one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner