Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies, what scents do you like on your men?

General question. Agree 100% on the amount.
Can't believe how many people pile it on!
Just curious if there's a pattern with age, location, etc on what gals like. So many choices!!

Odalisque

A-List Customer
General question. Agree 100% on the amount.
Can't believe how many people pile it on!
Just curious if there's a pattern with age, location, etc on what gals like. So many choices!!
Hmmm... well, I'm a fan of amber, wood and leather scents for men. Never was much for ocean or fruit on my fella.

Yep, if you smell the scent any farther away than an embrace, it's too strong.

Agreed. I try to apply my perfume so that I personally can't quite smell it.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I read recently that the sexiest scents for men are vanilla and other foody scents while women react to ambergris that way...
Years ago in Paris there was a fad where women would wear pure vanilla extract.

MikePotts

Practically Family
I'd like to suggest that a blender loaded with $100 bills and chocolate sauce might be the ticket.... but I won't as I'm not that bitter....

Pompidou

One Too Many
I got a ridiculous amount of compliments when I used Abercrombie and Fitch's Fierce - the stuff they pump through mall outlet stores. Take it as you will. On one hand, the stuff seems to work. On the other hand, you'll smell something of a cross between a frat boy and a shopping mall. I've gotten a few compliments since switching to Drakkar Noir, but not as many.

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Gentlemen I will concur with the other ladies keep it subtle. Keep in mind that every lady will probably have her own personal opinion on scents. I personally have been liking the Bay Rums my husband has been wearing. Yes I know its an aftershave not a cologne but it is nice and subtle and doesn't smell like it come from a shopping mall. He has been mixing different types as he has a supply in his barber shop for strait razor shaves. My current favorite has some lilac in it and yes you might think that would smell very feminine but it doesn't I don't know the brand though but I can ask him if anyone is interested.

JOHN TITCOMBE

New in Town
Pour Un Homme by Caron is a very mild,pleasant Fragrance with a Lavender/Vanilla scent.Think of the old Men's Yardley After Shave,mixed with Vanilla Extract,Voila!

virgi

New in Town
the one I actually like the best is paul sebastian. I smelled it on a guy at work, and I purchased it for my father who always gets compliments. Please avoid Cool Water if possible...

Isis

One of the Regulars
My Dad didn't wore Old SPice, he wore Jazz...

My ex-husband did, though, so even if I used to like Old Spice, I don't anymore...

My darling buys his scents from BPAL. My personal favs are Antony which is leather, ambergris, sage and basil and Dracul which has black musk, tobacco, fir, balsam of peru, cumin, clove, mint and orange blossom.

I agree with several above, scents should never be strong. Just something you feel when you are really close. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ