Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies, what scents do you like on your men?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Men's scents?

My husband will wear anything I give him. He says he wears it for me, he doesn't care what it smells like. For the last 13 years, he's worn mostly Drakkar, simply because almost every man I dated before wore that. I like the scent, but am thinking it might be time for a change. What men's scents do you like? I know many here might prefer more old-fashioned scents, but frankly, if they remind me of my dad or grandad, my man can't wear it. Looking for nice, modern scents.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
kamikat said:
My husband will wear anything I give him. He says he wears it for me, he doesn't care what it smells like. For the last 13 years, he's worn mostly Drakkar, simply because almost every man I dated before wore that. I like the scent, but am thinking it might be time for a change. What men's scents do you like? I know many here might prefer more old-fashioned scents, but frankly, if they remind me of my dad or grandad, my man can't wear it. Looking for nice, modern scents.

I buy my husband Burberry Touch. I love the Burberry scents - they're very complex without being overwhelming or cloying.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
mmmm Drakkar... I really like it, but it just doesn't smell the same on my husband as it does on the other men.. ha ha!

It's been hard to find a good scent for my loving man, and he too will wear anything, but we both seem to agree on the new scents for David and Victoria Beckham. They have new ones, one for each... and David's suits my hubby perfectly and he really like VB's on me. I was telling him, I like my husband to smell like a "MAN". I don't know how else to explain it.. but the kind of smell that makes you weak in the knees... (sigh....)lol

and before that he used to wear Cool Water.. but I never fancied it much.:(

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
For a man, I totally love "Habit Rouge" by Guerlain!! I also love Allure for Men by Chanel. And one of my favorite also is a classic one it's "L'eau Sauvage" by Dior.

Strawberry

New in Town
Gendarme.
Yum! Subtle, warm, modern, green, like a spring morning. Masculine, doesn't try too hard.

I also like Royal Bain de Caron. Smells like a champagne bubble bath. Nifty old-fashioned bottle.

Old Spice. Classic, slightly aggressive.

Almost anything by Creed, especially Silver Mountain Water. Sophisticated and adventurous.

...and I almost forgot: one of my favorite sites for perfume reviews and descriptions: http://perfumeemporium.com

Keep clicking until you find the reviews of each scent.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, everyone! Y'all have given me a list of things to test. Our anniversary is next week, so maybe I'll have something special to give him.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
I was recently at the local Bath & Body Works with my wife and discovered a men's line from Bigelow. Four scents to choose from, if memory serves me...green, blue, red and black. I was especially partial to the green, as was my wife!

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
I got my boyfriend Abercrombie & Fitch's "Fierce."

Everytime I walked past that store in the mall, the scent would pour out and make me salivate. I had to finally break down and buy him some.

(I guess they used a similar version for a room spray in the store)

Needless to say, he has trails of women behind him sniffing, and many compliments thereof.

retromom147

One of the Regulars
kamikat,
When my husband went to Iraq I made him leave me some of his undershirts 'cause even when you launder them that sexy yummy smell is still there. They served two purposes...they made me feel better when I was lonely and that Christmas he came home I had the perfect scent for him. Take the shirt to the outlet store with you and have them spray just a bit on a part of the shirt...that's basically how your man will smell in that scent.
It worked really well for me. Btw...the scent I found is Burberry touch for men...Yummy, sexy and HOT!:)

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
retromom147 said:
kamikat,
When my husband went to Iraq I made him leave me some of his undershirts 'cause even when you launder them that sexy yummy smell is still there. They served two purposes...they made me feel better when I was lonely and that Christmas he came home I had the perfect scent for him. Take the shirt to the outlet store with you and have them spray just a bit on a part of the shirt...that's basically how your man will smell in that scent.
It worked really well for me. Btw...the scent I found is Burberry touch for men...Yummy, sexy and HOT!:)

My boyfriend sent me a shirt of his soaked in his cologne.

I used it for a pillow case, then for a nightie. Sadly it had to get washed.

I could make a quilt out of his 'wife' beaters.

retromom147

One of the Regulars
desi_de_lu_lu said:
My boyfriend sent me a shirt of his soaked in his cologne.

I used it for a pillow case, then for a nightie. Sadly it had to get washed.

I could make a quilt out of his 'wife' beaters.

That's a great one...a hubby smelling quilt!

Ms. McGraw

One of the Regulars
Laugh if you will...but I LOVE the smell of Tommy. Too bad my Ace doesn't care for wearing any sort of cologne.

Mike K.

One Too Many
Speaking on behalf of my gal who isn't a Fedora Lounge member (yet), she likes most of the "smelly sauces" that I own. That includes traditional colognes/aftershaves such as Old Spice, Bay Rum, and Pinaud but also modern scents like Ralph Lauren Safari. However, her two favorites (both modern) are Old Spice AquaReef and Armani Mania. The Armani scent definitely tops the list! Hope this helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21