Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies, what scents do you like on your men?

pixie

Familiar Face
I have to say that I love the manly man smells as well. The best smell ever is Farenhiet by Christian Dior. It is rich, sexy, warm and so so delicious, I practically drool on husband when he wears it, and it smells better once it wears into their skin a bit. Yummy

VanillaT

One of the Regulars
Does anyone have any suggestions for "minty" men's scents? My own man pretty much only likes scents like spearmint, Noxzema, etc. Does anything like this exist?

PS- I do love the scent of Drakkar myself, but his sensitive sniffer vetoed that right away! :eusa_doh:

TheDutchess

One of the Regulars
My Fiance' Wears Kennith Cole's Black. Its really one of the only scents that will make me act like those women in those Axe body spray commercials lol. I don't know if they put pheromones in colognes now but as a women you just cant help but be intoxicated by some of the scents. Don't get me wrong there are some that dont smell that great but some just smell like...Man.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Here's an update on my quest. The only time I found Beckham was in a gift set that you couldn't open, so I haven't been able to smell it. He didn't like the Banana Republic one. I liked Armani Code in the store, but I'm glad we didn't buy it because an hour later, it smelled off. Still searching...

~*Red*~

Practically Family
kamikat said:
Here's an update on my quest. The only time I found Beckham was in a gift set that you couldn't open, so I haven't been able to smell it. He didn't like the Banana Republic one. I liked Armani Code in the store, but I'm glad we didn't buy it because an hour later, it smelled off. Still searching...

Yes, I've noticed that about the Beckham... I went to buy it for my hubby and never saw a tester. I guess I got lucky to have a scent card in one of my catalogs... It had the ladies and the mens and we both rubbed the cards on us.. HA HA HA.. that was the only way I would have known... now that I see they aren't having any testers.... hmmm... wonder why.. testers sell right? Or don't...

katiemakeup

Practically Family
pigeon toe said:
...It's strictly a "Dad" smell to me, since my dad nearly bathes in it anytime he and my mom go out to dinner.

HA HA HA! My "Dad" smell is Old Spice, as my mom loves it. My dad sent me his Polo Black cologne (I usually choose men's scents over women's for myself) because everytime he wore it my mom would gag. I don't like it either as it is too pine-y for my taste. I LOVE heavy musky cologne.

I know I have posted this before somewhere, but my favorite is Lagerfeld. You could douse that on a tree and I would make out with it. I also love Paul Sebastian and Gautier for men YUM!

volatile

A-List Customer
Gaultier is my main evening scent, but I'm also quite partial to Paul Smith Story or Calvin Klein Obsession. Nothing to heavy or alcoholic. Has to be warm and spicy.

I don't wear a scent during the day, other than a lightly-scented (and, to be honest, usually branded for women) deodorant.

I have a collection of horrid things people have bought for me over the years, with especially hearty "yuks" to Tommy Hilfiger and Davidoff Cool Water. Bleugh!

Zastrozzi

New in Town
Boucheron used to do a wonderful cologne - it's as rare as hen's teeth these days, so at least you can be sure nobody else is wearing it.

Dunhill do a good 'suite' of fragrances - subtly similar for day and evening use. Unfortunately they set off my wife's tendency to migraine, so they're a no go these days.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
L’Occitane

My favourite is EAU DES BAUX by L'Occitane. But I tend to like incensy/tobbacco/Leathery/Coffee'ish undertones to the flavours, and because of that, I often mix 'n' match similar scents that compliment each other. So GUCCI POUR HOMME is great with the above, as is some old fashioned BAY RUM ;)

Derek WC

Banned
Hello ladies! I hope I am not intruding, but I have seen other men post replies, so I figured I would. Anyway, what do you gals think about Old Spice Classic Cologne and Aftershave?

Miss Scarlet

One of the Regulars
Personally I love the smell of Old Spice. However, my dad wears it, so if any man I want to be intimate with wears it anything further than a handshake is a no no.

Unfortunately I think it reminds a lot of people of older men and their dads/grandads, even though the smell is yummy :)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Miss Scarlet said:
Personally I love the smell of Old Spice. However, my dad wears it, so if any man I want to be intimate with wears it anything further than a handshake is a no no.

Unfortunately I think it reminds a lot of people of older men and their dads/grandads, even though the smell is yummy :)

My grandfather wore it, so I feel exactly the same way!

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
Miss Scarlet said:

I second Miss Scarlet - I love it! But my dad wore it while I was growing up, so while it does give me a warm fuzzy feeling, it's not something I want to smell on a date. Eternity, though, makes me drool instantly ;)

Derek WC

Banned
Hmm, well thank you ladies for your feedback! I am 15 though, so I am not sure that particular scent would remind gals my age of their grand dads ;) .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy