Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies with cigarettes

Murph351

One of the Regulars
Anne Francis

anne-francis-smoking-film-noir-swea.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Ahhh.... amusing to revisit this old post. I've just recently decided to give up the cigars again (all two per year I'm averaging) in favour of a pipe... My reasoning is that the pipe will be much cheaper in the long run, and I was always very disciplined, so I won't end up smoking it more than the cigars. Should average out at a pound per decent smoke instead of five or six, and upwards.... These harsh economic times call for austerity measures.... that and there's no cigar smells quite so good as a nice pipe...

Edward said:
Yes and no....

Yes, it looks sexy as all hell in photos of dear Marlene and the likes.

In real life, however.... euw.

FWIW, I have no problem with the occasional cigar (I was even an occasional cigar, and even more occasional pipe, smoker myself for a few years, though I gave it up completely during a relationship between 2001 and 2004, and have had maybe only two since then). Cigarettes, though, are a very different animal. I don't care for the smell, nor the aging effect. The last girl I properly dated ... which was... oh my, about three years ago now(!)... was a smoker. It bugged me something shocking. not so much the peripheral stuff like smell and, eh, taste, but more a constant nagging worry about her heatlh - s'what happens when you let someone under your skin. I doubt I'd go out ith a smoker again. Not unless she was in the process of quitting.

JC

New in Town
jporgeck said:
The dames are sure as hell sexy but the cigarettes detract from their good looks.

Agreed. While I certainly will not knock anybody for wishing to smoke, I find it fairly unattractive when I see women smoking. I believe it's because I'm not fond of how my mouth tastes after I've smoked a pipe or a cigar, and I know that I would not enjoy kissing them nearly as much if they smoked. ;)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
jporgeck said:
The dames are sure as hell sexy but the cigarettes detract from their good looks.
It's obvious that you have not perused this thread or you would not have made such a trite observation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui