Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Langlitz just arrived... I guess I am a HH guy : (

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Langlitz is a great company. I do know that some of their fits are, without doubt, not slim fits. However, if you know how to modify the jackets, they look spectacular! Here's Carrie of Insurrection in a Langlitz Goat Cascade that she modified to have that super-sleek silhouette. She also switched out the pocket and sleeve gusset zippers to NOS Talons to show off some great 1950s hardware. I defy any company--Aero, Lost Worlds, Vanson, etc.--to get a fit this sleek on a woman! This Langlitz looks incredible!

Carrie11.jpg

dortiz

One of the Regulars
She is rocking that coat. And again its all about personal taste. Like I said I had that coat sold in a day so there are many fans and HELLO I am sure the world is not full of only old and fat leather lovers although that sentence paints an interesting picture..
On my end its still concerning that the coat had to be modified and to me the look of those big brass snaps especially at the bottom looks horrible. But thats me. I just put out there so the that the 1-50 guys with my same odd taste may see it and look at those details and realize its not for them. YES the other 49 will love a custom and very "old fashioned" (yes offensive again I am sure) styled jacket.
Lets be clear. You cant go wrong trying them though as they stand behind their product 100% with re tries on fit and full refunds available. You wont find anyone else that makes it much easier to see if you love their product.
So to recap. Great Company and Great product. Not for everyone though and the world has old and fat people but not necessarily in that order and with lots of support : )
By the way skinny short people suck.

You need to find to find the right model, sorry Kevin, this time I cannot help you, I don't have the appropriate measurements! :D

LOL! No worries Cuthbert, my wife will fit the bill quite well ;) Otherwise, maybe Carrie at Insurrection will order one of my jackets soon :p

Kevin

Last edited:

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
I'll take you up on that challenge Moj!

That would be fun! We currently have over 100 women's reproduction cafe' racers in our shop. What we did was take our best 1960s women's Brimaco cafe' racers and recreate them. They're beautiful and women love them...currently, we sell quite a few each week! Here's Diedre showing off hers!

3000034_orig.jpg

Here's Chely posing on my GSX-R 1000. Can you imagine if she actually rode a 1000cc machine!?!?!? I don't know if that's murder or just plain HOT!!!

4751243_orig.jpg

Pick a vintage jacket and see what you come up with... :eusa_clap

...LOL... BTW, Carrie and I love your jackets! Do they come in women's models? If so, we're very interested! She could be a great Fedora Lounge model!!! :wink:

Last edited:
That would be fun! We currently have over 100 women's reproduction cafe' racers in our shop. What we did was take our best 1960s women's Brimaco cafe' racers and recreate them. They're beautiful and women love them...currently, we sell quite a few each week! Here's Diedre showing off hers!

Here's Chely posing on my GSX-R 1000. Can you imagine if she actually rode a 1000cc machine!?!?!? I don't know if that's murder or just plain HOT!!!

Pick a vintage jacket and see what you come up with... :eusa_clap

...LOL... BTW, Carrie and I love your jackets! Do they come in women's models? If so, we're very interested! She could be a great Fedora Lounge model!!! :wink:

Thanks Moj and Carrie!

Wow! HOT is right! :eeek: I would fly over and personally hand deliver a jacket to Carrie, Chely or Dierdre for that matter :p

Good job on the jackets. I like the Brimaco/British Cycle cafés style alot myself. There's one in my collection (its on the "vintage" page of the Pegasus site).

Actually a ladie's D-pocket "S" (half-belt version with single side buckles) is in the works and will be available in a couple of weeks. The sizing and patterns have been sorted out and the first one is in the process of being made in a nice soft steerhide. I'll PM you the pics as soon as I have them.

My Café Racer could also be modified easily for a ladies cut since they're made for young and fit guys to begin with...LOL!

Kevin

Last edited:

pjstrass

One of the Regulars
Mojo / Wade : Carrie jacket pic ....I have a Vanson Raider ..no longer on their website...that is now too big for me. It is heavier and thicker than the Comet PLU 3 you sent me. Who tailored the Carrie jacket and would they likely be able to tailor my Vanson ? Thanks.

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Post up a picture of the jacket...we were the ones who modified Carrie's jacket! Yet, we have to see the construction of the jacket to see what we can do...we also need to know what needs to be taken in...

We aren't very familiar with the Vanson Raider, as it isn't a current Vanson Model

HDRnR

A-List Customer
You cant compare horse to goat. You should have gotten the Langlitz heavy cow, it could be mistaken for horse.

dortiz

One of the Regulars
You cant compare horse to goat. You should have gotten the Langlitz heavy cow, it could be mistaken for horse.

Probably but I am sure its also a styling issue. Just not me. Fit was insane too. All good though. I get to be in mad love with my LW and Aero and others enjoy theirs. Thats what taste is all about. Good and bad taste and I take great pride in my bad taste.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner