Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Langlitz proxy

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
LL is very close to my woodshop. They have a pretty huge selection of used jackets in the shop at any time. If anyone is interested in one of their styles in a specific size Id be happy to pop in to see if there are any on the used rack. The prices aren't exactly cheap, seem to be $500-800 or so.

I tried on a sweet brown one last week that was priced at $600. it fit in the chest but was way too long for me.

bwchase

Familiar Face
One nice thing about Langlitz is if you purchase a jacket there, they will tailor it
for very reasonable cost. Some of this is while you wait.
Was a great time watching the different people come in and purchase.
I will have a few things done this summer, now rather wear it.

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Oh I didnt know that. I didnt ask...

Oh well, Im excited about being on DD s list for a Beck.

This is a cool opportunity...I wish Langlitz would put a little more effort into their site so we could see what's available of the rack!

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
This is a cool opportunity...I wish Langlitz would put a little more effort into their site so we could see what's available of the rack!

I usually try and stop in just to say 'hello' when ever I'm in or passing thru Portland.

But yeah, I wish they'd post real photo's of real stock items rather than the cartoon drawings; or in addition to. You can always call and request a catalog. I did but got a catalog filled with photos from the 80s of folks modeling their pants/jackets. Even if their products haven't changed, something a little more current would be nice.

It would also be cool to have an online inventory of what they have on their used rack, but then again, I know especially with most of the items being custom made to order, it would be a big undertaking to get them up on the site and then to manage it. When Most of the items are on consignment, though Langlitz does get a small % of the sale, it probably still wouldn't cover the overhead to manage the online inventory; especially given the amount of walk-ins that they get.

I usually try and stop in just to say 'hello' when ever I'm in or passing thru Portland.

But yeah, I wish they'd post real photo's of real stock items rather than the cartoon drawings; or in addition to. You can always call and request a catalog. I did but got a catalog filled with photos from the 80s of folks modeling their pants/jackets. Even if their products haven't changed, something a little more current would be nice.

It would also be cool to have an online inventory of what they have on their used rack, but then again, I know especially with most of the items being custom made to order, it would be a big undertaking to get them up on the site and then to manage it. When Most of the items are on consignment, though Langlitz does get a small % of the sale, it probably still wouldn't cover the overhead to manage the online inventory; especially given the amount of walk-ins that they get.
Good point. I'd so prefer to buy through them tho as opposed to eBay where measurements go off the rails wrong but quick. I love the idea of eyes on the inside tho. Could easily send them an email I guess and state what your after to see if they have a match.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Good point. I'd so prefer to buy through them tho as opposed to eBay where measurements go off the rails wrong but quick. I love the idea of eyes on the inside tho. Could easily send them an email I guess and state what your after to see if they have a match.

I have tried that in the past and been told no, only in the shop for stock or used items...

I have tried that in the past and been told no, only in the shop for stock or used items...
Shame. Makes it tough but I understand the position there. I've owned but one Langlitz, an eBay buy with measurements I couldn't make right no matter how I positioned the tape. One day tho, I'll get 'er right...

technovox

One Too Many
I suppose their first priority is to sell new stock and take custom orders. So maybe Langlitz views the used/trade-in jackets as somewhat of a conflict and a waste of time.
But, as an example, Aero does a swell job of posting used stock, and it doesn't seem to cut into their new orders. In fact, it might even attract a new customer base that eventually upgrade to custom jackets.

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
Shame. Makes it tough but I understand the position there. I've owned but one Langlitz, an eBay buy with measurements I couldn't make right no matter how I positioned the tape. One day tho, I'll get 'er right...

For what it's worth, I'm a 44 in my new Aero HB and a 46 in a Langlitz off the rack Columbia. ;)

C4E320DE-7A68-4AB0-AD71-2C4BB3CC302C_zps6632zobi.jpeg

2CE61A45-6766-466A-8575-D9BE6531BA45_zpsuz4xpe1k.jpg

Photoon3-8-13at326PM_zpsbda27056.jpg

Photoon3-8-13at327PM_zpsb1641edf.jpg

I suppose their first priority is to sell new stock and take custom orders. So maybe Langlitz views the used/trade-in jackets as somewhat of a conflict and a waste of time.
But, as an example, Aero does a swell job of posting used stock, and it doesn't seem to cut into their new orders. In fact, it might even attract a new customer base that eventually upgrade to custom jackets.
Indeed. Very good point it certainly opens the market up quite a bit. The confidence a buyer would have dealing with the maker over an ebay seller is ten fold. I personally would LOVE to see it happen. Would really turn my eye more seriously to what I know is a bedrock, foundation type piece of gear.

belopsky

A-List Customer
The HB looks great. The Langlitz has...too much going on for me, IMO. Need to see them in person

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Years back LL sold used jackets on ebay under a different users name. I can remember why or the user name, but I am sure it was LL or a persons authorized by LL to list select items of used stock on Ebay. I purchased a 1970s dark brown Cascade with Serval zip, I still wear as my winter riding jacket.

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
The Langlitz has...too much going on for me, IMO. Need to see them in person

That's why I decided to go with an Aero when it came time to replace my Langlitz. Something about less being more; at least when compared to the padded Columbia. Too many pockets and zippers that didn't get used anyways. The Aero is just a kick-ass to the point jacket with a nice hide and very nice details.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
That's why I decided to go with an Aero when it came time to replace my Langlitz. Something about less being more; at least when compared to the padded Columbia. Too many pockets and zippers that didn't get used anyways. The Aero is just a kick-ass to the point jacket with a nice hide and very nice details.
You can customize the number of pockets, and pretty much anything else on a langlitz. Best of thing about Langlitz is the fit, and the service. If you're buying off the rack, or used, it's maybe not worth the premium, unless you're lucky enough to find exactly what you want in exactly your size.

That said, I currently own 4 pre-owned Langlitz jackets, and 4 pre-owned Aero jackets. I think they're the top two makers. Aero offer a greater variety in styles, and Langlitz are the best old school motorcycle jacket maker around.

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
You can customize the number of pockets, and pretty much anything else on a langlitz. Best of thing about Langlitz is the fit, and the service. If you're buying off the rack, or used, it's maybe not worth the premium, unless you're lucky enough to find exactly what you want in exactly your size.

That said, I currently own 4 pre-owned Langlitz jackets, and 4 pre-owned Aero jackets. I think they're the top two makers. Aero offer a greater variety in styles, and Langlitz are the best old school motorcycle jacket maker around.

No argument. I was only comparing my padded Columbia to my Aero HB. I loved my Langlitz, I just wanted a more dual purpose jacket where the Langlitz was a fantastic motorcycle jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24