Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Last Man Standing

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Very violent. The film is based in the 20's. It is interesting to watch, though it is not a great film.
I think alot of the clothes were made for the film.

lots of hats.
I think this is a good example of how a hat can ad to a characters emotion... not just a costume, it's part of the man.

willis-vi.jpg

lstman087-vi.jpg

bw1404-vi.jpg

lasman3-vi.gif

lastman-vi.jpg

0100-vi.jpg

Michaelson

One Too Many
His fedora looks EXACTLY like my Gary White, especially after Fedora got done with it last time.Of course, Last Man Standing is just an updated version of "A Fistful of Dollars." Regards. Michaelson

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
And, depending on who you ask, all of the above movies are derived from Dashiell Hammett's story, Red Harvest.

Brad Bowers

Indybill

New in Town
Cool movie. As Matt said not a cenematic masterpiece,
but a lot of fun to watch. Bruce and Christopher were
perfect for their parts. This movie makes you want to
go buy a pinstriped suit, a double shoulder rig, and top
it off with a 'ganster grey' fedora.

Regards,
Indybill

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
a classic story never dies

"Red Harvest" was about gangsters in 1920s America.
Kurosawa said he based "Yojimbo" on a Hammett story. "Yojimbo" takes place in Feudal Japan.
Italian director Leone bases "Fistful of Dollars" on "Yojimbo" but makes it gunfighter in the American Old West.
"Last Man Standing" is based on "Yojimbo" but puts it in 1920s America.
Wait a minute, did we just go full circle?

The Wolf

wackyvorlon

One of the Regulars
In all fairness, even Shakespeare drew heavily on work that preceeded him. A prime example is 'Romeo and Juliet', which draws heavily on the myth of Pyramis and Thisbe - check out Ovid's Metamorphoses and you'll see it.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for posting photos. I have to rent it, even if it isn't a particularly good movie. Because -- (1) Bruce is cool and (2) I like to look at the fedoras. (Sure like the color of Bruce's fedora. For me, needs a little more brim.)

No, very little is original in the universe; most of it can be traced back to some sort of myth.

karol

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Mycroft, Wolf...Nothing new...I first heard it here...

Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it [is that] which shall be; and that which is done [is] that which shall be done: and [there is] no new [thing] under the sun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace