Latina Pachucas and Latino Pachucos Fashion, WWII History

Discussion in 'The Front Parlor' started by MissNathalieVintage, Feb 15, 2018.

1. MissNathalieVintage

MissNathalieVintage A-List Customer

Pachucos during war times
    Iconic Pachuca Looks and the history

Latino Americans History http://www.pbs.org/latino-americans/en/watch-videos/#2365075996

Me being a Latina, Guatemalan/Spaniard on my dad's side and American on my mom's side. And a vintage enthusiast especially the 1940s and I never knew how Latinos helped in the war effort. And the tension in Las Angeles in the 1940s and maybe in other cities in the United States. And I never knew how or why there were zoot suiter's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoot_suit and being a Latina why this part of WWII American history is never really mentioned.

tuppence, St. Louis and raulm1961 like this.
  2. raulm1961

raulm1961 New in Town

MissNathalie have heard or read about Squadron 201st. A Mexican fighter squadron wich saw service in the Phillipines. I'm glad you brought this up 'cause WE NEVER HEAR about the contribution of Mexican Americans or Latinos in general during WW2. But I'm not surprised why we don't hear anything about this.

3. MissNathalieVintage

MissNathalieVintage A-List Customer

@raulm1961 I never knew about Squadron 201st. This is super duper! Its sad these cool old fly boys are never talked about. I am so glad you told me about them. And I like their mascot Panchito Pistoles, Disney did a couple of cartoon movies about Panchito one titled The Three Caballeros (1944).

And on Ebay they have Panchito Pistoles pins and toys, to cool.
    I am going to look around the internet to see if there is a patch and get me one and sew it on to my jacket.