Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Launching my new-with-a-vintage-twist News Photography site!

VisforVictory

New in Town
A'hoy, gang -

Just wanted to announce that I've re-developed my news photography website, and in keeping with my vintage self, have it appropriately deco-styled. (The link buttons are actually the "trigger" button from a vintage Graflex flash gun!) Note: Of course, there's a few "graphic" images in there, but when you consider that people pay hundreds of dollars for prints of the same subject matter from 50 years ago, I make no apologies for documenting the reality of the streets.

Take a look.

In other news, one of my colleagues had a photo of Madoff leaving Federal Court last week, which has made its way around the wires, and now appears in Time magazine on page 17. Yours truly is in there, with my brown fedora prominently featured—even though I'm low-angling my camera over the barricade, and it looks like I've been kicked somewhere and am doing a Jackie Gleason post-injury routine. Some ill-informed commenter on a website said I look "straight out of the 1920s." Argh! No!

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I agree with all of the above as to the site and the work. It's all very nice.

The October 10, 2008 "Nadia" photo, with the perfect headline and the shadow of the heel, is my favorite by far.

There's one small change that I think would improve the site: adding a home button to the galleries. After looking through the Police photos, I wasn't sure whether I should use my browser's back button, or if there was something I was missing on the screen.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I'm proud to display this shot made by Marc of yours truly, December 2007. This is moi as Captain Blakeley, presiding officer at the Caine Mutiny Court Martial. Taken with one of Marc's original Graflex Speed graphic cameras, circa 1942.
CaptBlakeleysmall.jpg

Marc, you WILL get your Pulitzer some day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL