Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doing My Mother a Favor with Clothing — But where to buy?

Zachary

One of the Regulars
Dear Fellows, dear Ladies,

It’s a gentleman speaking on behalf of his mother.

The situation is as follows:
I’m a long-time customer of Charles Tyrwhitt, and I just love the tweed suits from Walker Slater, Scotland. My mother (65 yrs) would insanely like to wear classical apparel of that style as well, but, alas! She isn’t only a woman, she also lives in a poor country small enough not to be mentioned.

My question to the ladies (and perhaps the husbands knowing how to make them happy):
Can you recommend any type of on-line shop for the ladies where classy, conservative, perhaps vintage apparel can be had?

Out of question are, of course, Amazon and Zalando, as well as everything that’s exhaustingly expensive. It should be clothing suitable for standard to medium-dapper occasions; but neither evening dresses, nor outdoor apparel rustic enough to go hunting with will be suitable. To put it short: I‘m looking for some kind of „Charles Tyrwhitt for the Ladies.“

My last option would be the Peek & Cloppenburg department store in adjacent Vienna, Austria, but that‘s rather complicated since my mother has limited mobility.

Any advice would be highly appreciated!
Zachary

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
That's a rather open request for ladies clothing. Does she have a certain style or decade in mind?

If she is looking for a classic tweed women's look, I can recommend Orvis, which focuses on "outdoorsy-looking" and has some tweed clothing. I haven't shopped there in years, but, their pieces used to be high quality and shopping the sales was quite fruitful.

The mention of tweed and not hunting has me a bit jumbled, as places like orvis sell for those who dress to hunt.

Pendleton also has nice ladies clothing, and their sales are quite good at the end of season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112