Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lawless Denim

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Hi,

How long did it take to get your jeans?

THANKS

Hi,

This was not an order.
This was a free sample that another forum member got but they were too small for him so he passed them on to me for free.

As soon as we start to get our orders, we will tell you here and on the gustinfriends-board. They say 6-8 weeks.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I have had my jeans for 6 days now and worn everyday. These are now my favourite pair in terms of fit. They hold their shape pretty good to my body (but yes I have done 2 soaks that has helped with that) and I dont seem to need to pull up the pants as much as Im used to.

Feels like a real solid pair of jeans and the future looks promising.

(want 20% off your forst purchase? use this: 20% off link *click* )

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Is it just me, or are their measurements very confusing?

The combination of flat measurements and "around the body" measurement seems pretty hard to get right.
It feels very hit and miss compared to the Iron Heart way of measuring everything flat.

Did you just order your regular size and hoped for the best?

Any chance you own some Iron Heart 634S? If yes how does the fit compare at equivalent size?
It looks like even the straight leg would be more tapered than the 634s.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I have the 634s in 34 and they were comically too wide in the lower legs so had to send them to get the whole jeans tapered. They are too snug in the waist nowdays (too much pie) so at the rare occeasions I wash them I have to use a stick in the waist to keep them wide at the waistband.

I would say measure as they tell you to. In the beginning they had only bodumeasurements and people were complaining so they added real measurements aswell.

The jeans are true to size and a 36 will be 36. They however tune this due to loose or heavy fabrics and thats why measureing your body is the best. I have 35 in Gustin and 36 in Lawless. (gustins are 35.5" and are very tight on me when new)

So basically you can measure flat and if its almost 34 then get a 34, but they dont recommend this way. I thought 79 for 18oz was worth the shot and was just gonna sell them on the gustinfriends board if they were wrong and then I knew. But then I acidentally got these for free and they were 36 slim straight and fit pretty darn spot on so now I know my 18oz are gonna be great.

Difference to 634s to me is higher rise in the top, but shorter butt. My IH are kinda long in the underbutt so these fit me better. Easier to get into front pockets. And being slim they are slimmer all around. Huge huge difference in hem area, but here you can just go from the flat measurements.

Qualitywise they seem to be more perfectly aligned in places vs IH but mine had some hiccups and the IH is pretty much perfect in that way, they are just not as nicely aligned and looks alittle like the belt loops are thrown on - but then secured very good though. Its hard to compare with the 634s being 21oz they are just a whole different pant. It´ll be easier to compare when I get my 18.5oz.

They will now have bigger backpockets so I hope my wallet fits better in the new ones.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
The thing is, if i measure like they do i end up with ridiculous measurements! If i measure my waist (true 33") over my jeans like they tell you to do i end up with 36", even when measuring inside the belt loops.
My thigh and leg measurements correspond with their size 33, but this doesn't really give me any indication on the final width of the jeans.
And all fits seem to have a very small bottom hem!

It all seem very open to mistakes compared to measuring flat IMO...

Anyway, i might just take the gamble and order a size 33 (my IH 634s size) straight leg one, with 20% off it's a really good deal and i won't lose to much if it goes wrong.

Thanks.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
What is the measurements on the Ironhearts layed flat when you have used them for a week?

Well, yes, things stretch and change with time, but at least you know what the start measurements are.
With these guys you don't really have any idea what you will receive since you only have the body measurements.

Anyway, i have ordered a 33" waist 35" inseam straight leg pair in the 18.5 denim, it's the same size i wear in the 634s and that is also supposed to be true to size.
I am expecting them to be a bit lower rise and slimmer in the bottom leg, let's see how it turns out.

I used the 20% discount coed and it came to £45 with shipping, which is a great deal.

No i hope i receive them soon, there are a lot of horrible reviews in the previously posted link.

Will update when i get them.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
It's my understanding that their 34 waist for example will measure exactly 34" when running a tape measure through the belt loops, like a belt, measured from the middle of the button hole to the middle of the button

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Well, yes, things stretch and change with time, but at least you know what the start measurements are.
With these guys you don't really have any idea what you will receive since you only have the body measurements.

Anyway, i have ordered a 33" waist 35" inseam straight leg pair in the 18.5 denim, it's the same size i wear in the 634s and that is also supposed to be true to size.
I am expecting them to be a bit lower rise and slimmer in the bottom leg, let's see how it turns out.

I used the 20% discount coed and it came to £45 with shipping, which is a great deal.

No i hope i receive them soon, there are a lot of horrible reviews in the previously posted link.

Will update when i get them.

I would measure the IH layed flat after stretch to get an understanding of what you are wearing. "supposed to be.." isnt really very precise. What cut did you go for? I think my slim straight Lawless has a higher waist then the Ironheart but it all depens on how you wear them I guess.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
It's my understanding that their 34 waist for example will measure exactly 34" when running a tape measure through the belt loops, like a belt, measured from the middle of the button hole to the middle of the button

I am a little unsure if its outside the jeans or if its inside the jeans. I can check it out. I would advise to measure both actual waist and also a stretched out pair that fits good layed flat x2.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I would measure the IH layed flat after stretch to get an understanding of what you are wearing. "supposed to be.." isnt really very precise. What cut did you go for? I think my slim straight Lawless has a higher waist then the Ironheart but it all depens on how you wear them I guess.

Well, i know i need a 33" waist, and i know the measurements of the IH, i have three pairs ranging from 21 to 25oz and like the fit of all of them, all of them have a 33" waist.

I just don't understand the lawless measurements, they all seem extremely small compared to IH.
To get the same thigh/knee measurements as an IH i would have to go for a size 36, which would clearly be massive!

Honestly i don't really care, £45 isn't a massive gamble and i am pretty sure i could get most of my money back selling them if i don't like them.
I went for the straight leg.

Also, things like this:

"Our talented production team will make the adjustments on our end based off of the type of denim you've selected"

Really add confusion to the mix!

Last edited:

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
I can see why they would go with 'actual measurements' - I've got jeans/trousers marked with, I think, three different measurement sizes, they can't all be right and theres certainly not 6" between them.

I ordered a pair of jeans on their initial offer a few weeks ago, still 'Awaiting Fulfilment' at the moment but very much looking forward to see how they work out.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Well, i know i need a 33" waist, and i know the measurements of the IH, i have three pairs ranging from 21 to 25oz and like the fit of all of them, all of them have a 33" waist.

To get the same thigh/knee measurements as an IH i would have to go for a size 36, which would clearly be massive!

Ok it seems they actually measure true to size. Then I would just choose the best fit going from the guide and just try it out. The 634s is very loose in the legs imho.
I like having some a little more fitted for some ocasions.

You have to choose the right waist and just see how the fit is. You cant upsize to the same other specs then its gonna be bad in the top block for sure.

Also, things like this:

"Our talented production team will make the adjustments on our end based off of the type of denim you've selected"

Really add confusion to the mix!

I also find this a little confusing, and I just have to guess, but my best guess would be that say a true 33 fits you best and you choose a fabric known to stretch like there is no tomorrow, they will actually sew them up slightly tighter to accomodate this and lock a good fit.

Last edited:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I can see why they would go with 'actual measurements' - I've got jeans/trousers marked with, I think, three different measurement sizes, they can't all be right and theres certainly not 6" between them.

I ordered a pair of jeans on their initial offer a few weeks ago, still 'Awaiting Fulfilment' at the moment but very much looking forward to see how they work out.

I think there will be loads of jeans on the sell-page at the selvadge friends proboard after orders start coming in, just like Gustin had so I think hopefully it will be kind easy to unload and maybe also score a pair.

Dirty Denim

New in Town
Hi Guys I am Sal of Lawless, To clear up a few of the sizing questions. I know all the true size may seem confusing but thats really there to eliminate people saying they are a 33 waist (based on your N&F tag saying that) Most of the early customers ignored everything we requested and just gave us the tag size of their favorite jeans. If you are a guy that understands vanity sizing or know what your other measurement need to be, our sizes will be easy to understand. A 32 will measure about 31.5 to account for stretch. The same things goes for every other size. If you know all your measurements or know what your typical problem areas are, our size guide will show you where you need to be. For me I wear a 36 jean in most brands but have to up the waist size with certain brands because maybe the thigh is smaller than I need but a 37 or a 38 will naturally have a larger measurement for the thigh so I go up in waist. This will happen with the slimmer cuts like slim straights. With Lawless I have the same issue with our Slim Straight so I bumped the waist up to enable me to fit in the jeans. Yes the waist is bigger than I want but thats the only way I can get into a slimmer cut. With our straight cut I can go with my true size of 36 because the leg is a bit wider. As long as you are aware of your own problem area you will be able to figure out what cut and size is good for you. This isnt any differnt than anything I already do when shopping for a jean with another brand. I hope that makes sense but if it doesnt I will gladly explain it further

We are a custom capable shop so you can also create the perfect fitting jean in any cut where nothing is off

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the info!

I got my tape measure out, and have figured out why i was getting confused.
I was comparing your website measurements with the Iron heart website measurements but didn't notice you guys dont take them the same way.

You measure thigh 2" inches below the crotch, IH measure from the crotch. You guys measure the knee 15" from the crotch, IH 13" from the crotch.
This was enough to completely screw up everything and confuse me to no end.

Now after measuring my IH jeans using your way of measuring i feel more confident, your jeans will basically be like a 634 with lower rise, same thighs, and more tapered legs from the knee down.

Any idea how long you guys will take to ship an order placed this week?

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think they're standing by their six to eight week production time. Reviews seem to be very positive on the Gustin Proboard site so far. I'm looking forward to seeing my 18oz Japanese, I have high expectations!

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Thanks, I read that on their FAQ, wondered if they were keeping to that with all the offers they keep running (I see another 50% off event is set for Friday) Good to hear they may be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21