Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lawless Denim

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Is it just me, or have the shipping prices have gone up somewhat? I was quote $35 this time, $25 the last time.

Dirty Denim

New in Town
The 1st item went up a bit because we changed to shipping by weight so that def went up. The next item added to the cart bumps the 25 to $49 I believe and then from there the shipping gets much cheaper. For instance a 10 pound package (5 items) would have cost $25 x 5 before but now that same package now cost $70 i believe.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Dirty Denim,
I emailed you a couple of times about whether the black Friday discount could be retroactively applied to an order from a few days ago but haven't heard anything back. Since you seem to be replying on this thread could you let me know if this is something that you can do?

Dirty Denim

New in Town
Hi Dirty Denim,
I emailed you a couple of times about whether the black Friday discount could be retroactively applied to an order from a few days ago but haven't heard anything back. Since you seem to be replying on this thread could you let me know if this is something that you can do?

I tried emailing you but it said you didnt allow emails or something. Here is what is said to me. Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help.

Check your order notes

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's been updated now Dirty Denim. I've received a confirmation of a refund.

I'm not sure why emails wouldn't go through. I receive sales emails and received the refund confirmation without issue.

Now to try to avoid the temptation to take the refund and make a new order for more jeans that I don't really need but look really cool...

Edit: I think the message you were seeing is from the TFL messaging system.

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The 1st item went up a bit because we changed to shipping by weight so that def went up. The next item added to the cart bumps the 25 to $49 I believe and then from there the shipping gets much cheaper. For instance a 10 pound package (5 items) would have cost $25 x 5 before but now that same package now cost $70 i believe.

Pushes it beyond the point of comfortat the moment, I'm afraid - I look forward to seeing my 18oz-ers though, I may be persuaded to go for more.

Dirty Denim

New in Town
I cant say this enough but I have seen many of you guys in the store over the last 2 days and appreciate you guys giving us a shot. I will always try to keep my own bias at bay. Please let me know if you have any questions or you are feeling something is off with something. During the sale I will be manning the chat and many other things so if its urgent pop over to the chat.

winterland1

Practically Family
Hi all. Here is a review I posted on the http://gustinfriends.proboards.com/ forum. Thought this thread could use some pictures.
Here are some new pics and review of my Lawless Western/Montana shirt. It was ordered from old website before the recent newest size chart and website pics/description. Overall it should be the same as what you would order now. Will update if it is not the case.

This is a slim small in size.
14 oz. Kaihara Indigo over Indigo Selvedge Denim
mens-size:small
thread-color: White,
button-snaps: Tiger Eye,
pocket-lining: Black & White Stripes

I have wanted a heavy selvedge indigo shirt with snaps and contrast stitching for a while and was happy when this arrived.
I knew the white stitching would be a bold move. I could have went with the normal copper color but wanted to go a little crazy as I had seen leather jackets with white stitching and thought they looked great. There are also western shirts with stock white stitching. My shirt does stand out and I wouldn't wear it to church or anywhere conservative. I get to wear what I want to work from Metallica T-shirts, along with many other bands, to dress shirts and everything in between so this will fit in there.

I will preface by saying I have an Iron Heart 16oz Super Black SS Western Shirt so I am used to a thick shirt. It borders on being a jacket. The Indigo/Indigo Kaihara is similar in feel as it does have some crunchiness to it. It is a nice thick substantial material but i think it feels great. There is some puffiness in the pics but it will loosen up with wear and drape better. The fabric was exactly what I was hoping for.
The color is beautiful, it is very dark and looks almost black until you put it against something black.I have put it next to my IH black shirt in pics for comparison. I am wearing my Gustin Black2 jeans here also.
I believe the material will look amazing with some fades in a year or so.

The design looks great and workmanship is flawless as far as I can see. The stitching and cutting looks straight and very strong. Anything that looks misaligned just looks that way in picture. I noticed my IH shirt pockets look crooked in pictures.
I like the design of the collar and I can button the chinstrap but will probably wear it open unless trying to keep warm.
I love the double cuff snap option. You can see the selvedge line inside. My watch fits under the cuffs without any problems. The snaps seem to be a good quality and I like the tiger eye I picked.
The front pockets are nice and even though no one will see the black/white striped lining it is a cool feature. I will show it off to people. ;) The flaps function perfectly and are not bulky feeling.
I can't think of one thing to complain about. If the pockets were long enough to fit an average Iphone/Droid size that would be a plus but could maybe make the pocket look too long. Not sure about this. My IH shirt doesn't fit one either.

Sizing is very important as most of us will not wear something with a bad fit. I do like a slim fit for my shirts. The shoulders, chest, arms and waist are spot on. So happy for that. I do wear most of my shirts tucked so I like an untucked shirt to be on the shorter size. A shirt this thick needs to be untucked in my opinion. This shirt is a little too long for my taste. I know many would be happy with the length. I will probably see what a warm soak will do but I could lose 1.5" on the front and 2.5" in the back.

The shirt was a custom order but is closest to a slim small of chart now. I did specify the length of the shirt and of course come to realize I was off. Going to go shorter in the future.
Length of shirt front now is 23 3/4"-24 Back 27 3/4"-28 depending on where exactly I am measuring.
40" chest. 37" waist.

Overall this shirt is amazing regardless of price but with the actual price figured in the best deal out there.
Thanks Lawless!! Great job.
I have included a link with more detailed pictures.
http://s258.photobucket.com/user/Ianthomasphotos/library/Lawless Western Shirt

The color is hard to capture but I think these are close to in person.
20141122_153348.jpg
20141122_152354.jpg
20141122_153536.jpg

Last edited:

Dirty Denim

New in Town
Winterland, We are so happy you feel our work is great. As soon as people get passed our price and get the item in hand, I think they can begin to understand what our value really is. Inexpensive doesn't mean cheap. We have been trained to think good is bad. Thank you for being one of the early believers

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Unfortunately, I just don't need any more denim than I own and have coming to me now. Maybe further down the line, especially after I've had a chance to see how my 18oz Lawless are when they arrive. I like Winterland's shirt though! :eusa_clap

Dirty Denim

New in Town
I ordered 3 things and got a quote for$60 so definately an impovement. You just gotta order 3 things dude :D

I just spent the last few days "yes days" fixing the shipping. Its such a tedious thing to do believe it or not The 1st 1 & 2 items have the largest jump but that's like anything where the initial is more noticeable like a 1 bedroom apartment price compared to a 2 bedroom apartment . I can promise you what we charge is the actual price. Other brands and webstore's jack up the items price a bit and then show a cheaper shipping cost. We like our pricing of the items offered so we thought it would be best to show everything in black and white

wild_balls

Practically Family
I took the opportunity to order a Montana 15.2 oz. Cone Mills Men's Pocket Shirt
(Fit: Slim, Size: Medium, Thread Color: Egyptian Topaz, Button: Copper Metal Button, Cuff Closure: Two). I plan to wear it more like a jacket. It's quite interesting with the pendleton lining! Seems like well built stuff! The only thing I am worried about is the fit, as you have to take the lining in to consideration. Great Black Friday discount by the way!

Cheers Joakim

Dirty Denim

New in Town
I took the opportunity to order a Montana 15.2 oz. Cone Mills Men's Pocket Shirt
(Fit: Slim, Size: Medium, Thread Color: Egyptian Topaz, Button: Copper Metal Button, Cuff Closure: Two). I plan to wear it more like a jacket. It's quite interesting with the pendleton lining! Seems like well built stuff! The only thing I am worried about is the fit, as you have to take the lining in to consideration. Great Black Friday discount by the way!

Cheers Joakim

Joakim

I love hearing new people digging what we are doing. That shirt/jacket was put together during my last trip to our factory. The really cool thing is that was only a week ago. We muster up ideas and a few days to a week later we have a final sample. We took the lining into consideration when sizing it. SO as long as you chose your correct size in general, you are good. Let me know if you have any questions or if you need to change something. It may take me a day to get in here to read but i'll get on it fast either way. Thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran