Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Black Friday Sales?

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
I know that Insurrection is selling their Schott Caf-1 Horsehide jackets, MSRP $899.99 USD, for $499.99 USD + Shipping. If anyone is interested, you can call Insurrection 12-6 PST at 206-782-5752. You can view the Caf-1 on their website at www.insurrectionvintage.com

Also, here's a picture of the jacket:

7018910.jpg

If you mention "give me Craig's deal," they'll take $50.00 off of a Vanson jacket and $100.00 off of an Aero jacket!

Those are three pretty good Black Friday deals!

Tadite

Familiar Face
That's a good deal for the Schott!

If you're looking for something a good deal different. Barneys has a few Belstaff jackets for sale. Still 700+ but that's at least 400+ dollars less then new.

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
That's a good fit, Mojo, did you go one size up?

Believe it or not, it's a medium. Schott jackets run so big that you still need to size down with these suckers. They're nice and tight, but you have to get the right size. A medium is about a 42 to 44, a large is about a 45 to 46, an x-large is about a 48. One of those "strange but true" sizing gigs...all of the companies seem to have 'em!

Peacoat

Bartender
Believe it or not, it's a medium. Schott jackets run so big that you still need to size down with these suckers. They're nice and tight, but you have to get the right size. A medium is about a 42 to 44, a large is about a 45 to 46, an x-large is about a 48. One of those "strange but true" sizing gigs...all of the companies seem to have 'em!

I ordered a Cafe Racer a few years ago and followed the recommendation of going one size up. It was too tight for a vest underneath. In fact it was tight with just a Tshirt underneath, so I sent it back for a 46. That was a good fit for me. At that time Schott was sizing by actual chest sizes and not the medium, large, etc.

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
I ordered a Cafe Racer a few years ago and followed the recommendation of going one size up. It was too tight for a vest underneath. In fact it was tight with just a Tshirt underneath, so I sent it back for a 46. That was a good fit for me. At that time Schott was sizing by actual chest sizes and not the medium, large, etc.

oops...see below

Last edited:

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate

It seems that a Vanson Comet 44 = a Schott 141 42 = an Aero 42 Slimfit Half Belt /42 Cafe' Racer / 42 Daytona / 42 J106 = an Aero 39 Stuart / 39 1950s Halfbelt / 39 Highwayman /etc. = a Schott Caf-1 Medium = a 42 Vanson Enfield = a 44 Vanson Model B = a 42 Vanson Model A = a 42 in a Vanson Rocker jacket = maybe a 40 in the Vanson CHP or Colorado (the exceptions in the Vanson Rocker jackets category).:eusa_clap

...LOL...:eusa_doh:

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up

That's curious - I have always read that they are sized small and that one size up is recommended.

dajiggalo

New in Town
I'll throw in my 2 cents on sizing.... I am a measured 40-41" chest size, my old marine corps uniforms are size 41 (and they are a very form fitting) which I will use as my standard for "true-to-size" garments. I own a Schott 689 in 38 (purchased in 2006), and it has plenty of room for a sweatshirt underneath. The Schott 641 in size 38 doesn't feel as snug as the 689 because it has the 'underarm footballs'. I just received a Lost Worlds easy ryder recently in size 38 which is a bit tighter in fit than both of my Schott jackets, but still not exact in size as my military uniform coats (obviously since I had to size down to a 38). I once owned a Vanson mercury in size 42 in their lightweight firenze leather (jacket had NO 'bi-swing' back or waist adjustments). It was truer to size than the other brands but still had plenty of room for a sweatshirt. Now in all fairness, I prefer my jackets snug and form fitting so my description may not be for everyone, but keep in mind that jackets with a 'bi-swing back' or 'underarm footballs' feel roomier due to a larger range of motion.
I believe most manufacturers recommend that you size up due to a more tapered fit around the waist (for the styles I mentioned at least) and their customer demographics seem to lean toward a more "baggier" fit. Either way, I'd recommend trying on the actual jacket before plunking down the cash. Or if you mail-order custom jackets like I do, its a LOT cheaper in the long run to just purchase the standard coat, try it on, and send it back, before you commit hundreds of dollars for a custom job. I tried on and sent back 3 jackets for my custom Lost Worlds easy ryder, but it was well worth the cost and time.

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
That's curious - I have always read that they are sized small and that one size up is recommended.

I think Schott says to size one size up so that their customers can get the usual "relaxed" Schott fit. For a proper fitting moto jacket in this style, one should size down one size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart