Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather jackets colours...

Currently on eBay- cheap!
Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 5.33.59 PM.jpg

Edward

Bartender
I doubt I'd buy it without handling, either - by the time Lewis were into coloure leathers - the 70s - the jackets themselves could be a bit hit and miss in terms of hide quality.

Edgar Laurel

One of the Regulars
I doubt I'd buy it without handling, either - by the time Lewis were into coloure leathers - the 70s - the jackets themselves could be a bit hit and miss in terms of hide quality.

Lewis are always into coloured leather jackets.
Saw one some two or three years ago in a shop like the one pictured above except the shoulder panelling was a bright yellow.

Marioray

New in Town
Two less common colors I love on a jacket are natural chromexcel and color 8. I own a schott color 8 sunset jacket and I'm mesmerized by the color on it. I know it isn't that special but I love the depth of color I see in that bad boy.

As for natural, I think it looks beautiful on a double rider jacket. It's a shame the only 2 I've seen was that beautiful collab schott did with context clothing and the gustin one which isn't that good.

Also gotta say I love that J-100 in Navy on Lost Worlds Website. What a thing of beauty.

Edward

Bartender
Lewis are always into coloured leather jackets.
Saw one some two or three years ago in a shop like the one pictured above except the shoulder panelling was a bright yellow.

Yeah, they still do 'em now on request, but that didn't start til the later 70s. It woild bevinterestingvto know what proportion of their sales are colours other than black!

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Yeah, they still do 'em now on request, but that didn't start til the later 70s. It woild bevinterestingvto know what proportion of their sales are colours other than black!

I suspect most of them would be all black anyway. Now that they have switched to using horse, the only colour for cow/steer is black. I guess most of the brighter colour jackets actually go to Asia, or Japan to be more specific.

Edgar Laurel

One of the Regulars
I suspect most of them would be all black anyway. Now that they have switched to using horse, the only colour for cow/steer is black. I guess most of the brighter colour jackets actually go to Asia, or Japan to be more specific.

Colours like bright yellow, turquoise, the lighter shades of blue or red tend to find a large customer base in Asia.
Europeans and North Americans are more fond of shades of black, brown and navy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy