Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather tailor in Boston, MA area?

Fardad

Familiar Face
Does anyone know of a good leather tailor in the central~east Massachusetts area?

I've sadly lost some weight and my adored 184SM is now very baggy.
I want to go from a size 50 to a size 46 (not just chest but the tighter arm sleeves/sockets, etc).

I understand it might be better for me to get a new jacket altogether, but if the tailor charges under $100 or so (naive to what the rates are as well as the process), it may be worthwhile.

Thanks.

vonwotan

Practically Family
Alan Rouleau on Newbury St. is quite good and has also been making custon leather clothing for the past few years. I am not certain about his prices for tailoring leather, they may be a bit higer than others.

73 Newbury Street
Boston MA 02116
617-424-SUIT[7848]
fax: 617-424-5544

Fardad

Familiar Face
Thanks I will give them a call.
While I'm at it, does anyone know of a place (same vicinity) that replaces the knits on these kinds of jackets? I want something very tight.

Thanks again.

Dalexs

Practically Family
Fardad said:
Thanks I will give them a call.
While I'm at it, does anyone know of a place (same vicinity) that replaces the knits on these kinds of jackets? I want something very tight.

Thanks again.

There's a specialty tailor I was told about downtown that might be able to do the work.
Let me look around and see if I can find their name again. (It's been a while.)

You might also try some place like Vanson Leathers. They are based right here in New England (Fall River to be exact.)
If they can't do it, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

analogist

One of the Regulars
Vanson Repairs

I had two or three cuff replacements and renovations from them and they were perfect. Highly recommended.

analogist

Fardad

Familiar Face
vonwotan said:
Alan Rouleau on Newbury St. is quite good and has also been making custon leather clothing for the past few years. I am not certain about his prices for tailoring leather, they may be a bit higer than others.

73 Newbury Street
Boston MA 02116
617-424-SUIT[7848]
fax: 617-424-5544

So I called them (nice enough people) and their costs are listed below:

Shorten the sleeves - $75
Shorten the coat - $55~85
Reline - $95-150

There may be more services but I would have to make an appointment first. I was told I could email a picture of the jacket so I'll probably do this first.
Are these prices reasonable/going rate?

I also call Vanson Leathers but they only work on Vanson jackets. They referred me to a place in Maryland called "Advanced Leathers", but I kinda prefer to stay local to MA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy