Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Trucker Levi's / Lee / Type-whatever jackets!

Colin G

One Too Many
Just got one of these from eBay for a song. Size XL, I usually wear a L but hope this will work as it’s slim fit.

You should be ok. Normally I am a medium but went with large on the suede trucker. Sleeves are kind of long but the rest fist just fine.

Corky Corcovado

Practically Family
What a steal! I'd keep the pockets open. I don't like Type III jackets that are missing the handwarmer pockets.

It looks like yours is made from decent leather, and has a nicely broken in look to it. How heavy is it?

There's one similar on ebay right now, but it has a giant logo on the back, which ruins it for me. I wouldn't mind the subtle branding on the buttons and zipper.

Here's another (sold, alas) with zipper and buttons rather than the zipper and snaps. For riding the zipper is a must have.

https://blackshagvintage.com/produc...y-davidson-leather-trucker-jacket-size-medium

View attachment 158863 View attachment 158864 View attachment 158865 View attachment 158866 View attachment 158867 View attachment 158868 View attachment 158869 View attachment 158870 View attachment 158871
This hide reminds me of my 70's Langlitz cowhide only lighter. How I imagine their lightweight cowhide to be. I'll post more photos soon!

Still <3 this. Please take note the unparalleled robotic precision with which the snaps have been installed. Clearly not even the best of the Japanese artisans can match the skill of the machinist who oh so carefully arranged those snaps.
I guess I should feel lucky they've at least done an equally shoddy job on both sides so the jacket can be buttoned up... But I love it anyway!

DSC-0045.jpg

DSC-0049.jpg

DSC-0050.jpg

DSC-0051.jpg

DSC-0052.jpg

DSC-0053.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for keeping the thread alive it’s one of my favourite on the forum. Not sure about this one though, seems to get wider towards the hem and it looks a bit too long. Leather looks good though

Glad you find the thread useful. :)

I agree with both points, though I really like the way they've processed the goathide. Shame there are no photos of someone wearing it anywhere online but if the cut is anything like their calfskin trucker, it shouldn't be too bad (albeit still too long).
https://www.cockpitusa.com/men/calfskin-leather-jean-jacket

View attachment 165865
View attachment 165865 View attachment 165866 View attachment 165868 View attachment 165867
This is my Levis Leather Trucker jacket in cowhide. Don't understand why so many bash these jackets. The leather is nice and fairly thick,heavy, and it looks great.

I don't get it either. Current run of these can by any mean and definition be considered a top shelf product. Cowhide is 3oz and that's in the least, full, natural grain, the jackets are well made and they fit extremely well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21