Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Trucker Levi's / Lee / Type-whatever jackets!

chollie

One of the Regulars
Oh! Sorry, but yeah, you're right. The info on the website is confusing and conflicting and I know that there are several versions of the same jacket that quite differ in, well, general quality. But all I can tell you is that the one I've seen was a really nice, high quality jacket. It was made in Turkey, I believe, the cowhide was very thick, grain wasn't printed (even had some scaring) and the fit was fantastic. Fine jacket, all in all.

Excellent! Just scored one brand new with tags for $180 shipped. I'll chime in when it arrives.

Alright, after handling elk a bit I don't know if it's the best choice. Since it's got a naked finish it will track any stain, even the darkest brown swatch got a water stain from a single drop that also left the area feeling dry. So on to the next idea... a navy blue bison I found. Think this would make a good type 3, or too odd? View attachment 186261
I think that's a good idea!

Not bad at all. Goatskin makes the nicest suede and the jacket just looks very nice.

https://www.cockpitusa.com/men/leather-jackets/suede-trucker-jacket

cockpit-usa-z21z002-front-3.jpeg

chollie

One of the Regulars
Good price and I think you will be very happy with the jacket.
My levis leather trucker arrived a few days ago. I prefer a snug fit on most jackets and am usually a pretty solid medium. The fit is spot on except even at 6 ft tall the sleeves are still just a bit long. Took it to a local shop and had another snap put on each sleeve to tighten it up around the wrists a bit and that pretty much has it handled. For the price I paid I'm not complaining!

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I think I finally found a leather Type III that works for me.

This Levis came up on the bay the other day, and arrived yesterday.

Leather is very decent, mid-weight, good grain, nice patina, really nice stuff for what you'd maybe expect from a Levis jacket. It's buttons, rather than snaps, which to me is a plus, and is lined with a diamond quilt nylon/polyester lining, and has one inside pocket, and two handwarmers, my favored configuration for this type of jacket, albeit not "traditional".

Fit is excellent. I'll have to do fit pics next time I'm doing a shoot, I am currently backlogged on pics for a few jackets.

s-l1600 (4).jpg s-l1600 (7).jpg

It feels good to be "done" with something!

When I can get around to it, I'll start shooting and measuring the near-hits and list them here in the Classifieds, so there'll be a number of very nice leather truckers that didn't work for me sometime in the next several days/weeks.

toomanynotenough

New in Town
Was just informed that my Aero Type 557xx has arrived in the US and is on its way to me. Battered steerhide with gold stitching. I've never seen that combo before, so I'm curious how it turned out. 3 months waiting ... ugh. Will post pics when it arrives...
I know this is from a long time ago but i have just got an Aero Royale in this leather and interested to see how this looks in a Aero Trucker. I see you havent posted in 18 months but anyway. Any pics? or experience with battered steer in an Aero Trucker?

My fav MC trucker. Wintex. You can see the stitch holes on the chest where I had to remove the MC Club logo not to get my ass kicked by the only MC's in town. XD

When I first got that jacket, I thought it's just okay. Having seen as many as I have since, I now find it truly amazing, especially the leather.

20200422-122218-0.jpg

20200422-122231.jpg

20200422-122238-0.jpg

20200422-122244.jpg

20200422-122304-0.jpg

20200422-122309.jpg

20200422-122321-0.jpg

skybert

One of the Regulars
Just wanted to chime in and say excellent thread. It started with the trucker in the deals thread that torfjord ended up buying...and now I'm on the lookout for a leather trucker.

The hide on the Wintex looks awesome. Is it steer?

Just wanted to chime in and say excellent thread. It started with the trucker in the deals thread that torfjord ended up buying...and now I'm on the lookout for a leather trucker.

The hide on the Wintex looks awesome. Is it steer?

Aye, cowhide. :) Very nice hide. Soft, easy to wear but tough.

Mandarin

Practically Family
When i first posted pictures of this 3 16 trucker made by SB, it was OK on the upper side but too long and wide in the bottom. I had it shortened and slimmed, and it now fits satisfyingly. It has that strange back that must have been a technical challenge since it's basically one big piece of leather, but can be esthetically questionable to some.
I'm happy with it, especially because of the very pleasing Horween lux.

SB trucker may 20-1.jpg
SB trucker open may 20-1.jpg SB trucker back may 20-1.jpg

When i first posted pictures of this 3 16 trucker made by SB, it was OK on the upper side but too long and wide in the bottom. I had it shortened and slimmed, and it now fits satisfyingly. It has that strange back that must have been a technical challenge since it's basically one big piece of leather, but can be esthetically questionable to some.
I'm happy with it, especially because of the very pleasing Horween lux.

View attachment 233879 View attachment 233880 View attachment 233881
Uh that’s the best looking leather type III I think I’ve ever laid eyes on! Love that they kept that criss crossed upper back yoke. And the collar is absolutely perfect (as is the fit). That is awesome!!

Uh that’s the best looking leather type III I think I’ve ever laid eyes on! Love that they kept that criss crossed upper back yoke. And the collar is absolutely perfect (as is the fit). That is awesome!!

Yeah, no kidding..! This immediately prioritized leather Type-3 for me now...

Mandarin

Practically Family
That looks great! It fits you very nicely now.

Thanks. it does feel much better.

Thanks! It's a great compliment coming from you. The way you wear your truckers is unbeatable.

I think it’s a collab between 3-16 and SB.
It is. It has 3-16 buttons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ