Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather vests

Kuro

Practically Family
Here is just the D pocket:

20200416_172329.jpg

And here is just the slanted horizontal pocket.

20200416_162823.jpg

And here is the deleted coin pocket and right hand pocket:

20200416_173344.jpg

I don't think I can go wrong here...

Last edited:
You are on track here bud. I have a feeling I will be the second order. You can send them pics of non-Vanson jackets/vests to build too.

I get it. Guyswho join the big MCs, it's less aclub, more like a religion. They have to earn their colours (it's often very much not a pleasant process if they're one of the "outlaw" clubs - I'm told that's on purpose, to make it less attractive to Plod to try and infiltrate!), and they tend to get quite miffed if anyone wears anything too close to it or imitating club colours who hasn't 'earned' it. Respect them or no, some of them are not the kindof people you would choose to upset in that regard. Seems an odd qualification it wouldn't matter if you weren't in a club, though.

Me, I've always found it a bit naff to try and dress a cut up as if it is (unearned) colours... I mean, who's it trying to impress? Ladieswith athing for Hllywood fancy-dress "bikers"? The maddest are the guys who buy allthe "Lone Wolf / No Club" stuff, patch it out to look like an MC, the start facebook pages and invite other "no Club" guys to go on "no Club" runs with them.... er....

Anyhow.

Interesting a lot of the higher-end, commercially-made cuts I see now are increasingly designedto offer something more than just an extra layer - added warmthe, pocket for a back plate and such being options.

Yeah, you're right... And I hear you but just one thing always irked me to no end when I hear that bit about "earning" your leather. Hear that a lot on motorcycle FB groups I belong to. I had a bike. I love leather jackets and I still feel it's somehow directed at me. How do I earn my leather, exactly?

I'm kinda glad to see high fashion devouring the whole thing up. Fashion is one monster nobody can stand up to. Nobody. :D

I was a member of a motorcycle club years ago when I still had a bike. We'd just meet up, go for a drink, that was it. Met some great people there. The club got eaten by a larger one that's taking itself a bit too seriously. Yeah, that motorcycle club. I guess the dreaded initiation isn't all that dreadful after all, how many people got in.
I had a patch on the jacket my friend gave me which I had to have removed. Only they get to have the M.C. in front of the name of the club.
Anyone with half a working brain figured that's one game of pretend that went too far.

This "bad boiz" club, they'd lurk the local MC forums and message board and would literally beat up anyone who'd talk crap about them. People often did, usually in the same manner I do now. But man, waiting for some guy who talked trash online in front of a pub for five hours and then beat him up with sticks while he's too pissed to even process what's going on...

Anyway, they had one of their lame meet ups or whatever and it was raided by the police. Later on, my cop buddy told me the police got sued by 20 lawyers that were attending and there were 100 hundred people altogether present at the event. 20!!! XD

Here is just the D pocket:

View attachment 228240

And here is just the slanted horizontal pocket.

View attachment 228241

And here is the deleted coin pocket and right hand pocket:

View attachment 228242

I don't think I can go wrong here...

I'd wear this. At least I want to right now. Not sure how I'd feel actually feel about it which is why I'm not sure I wanna take a risk with that Schott but... Looks great that way. Snaps definitely need to be removed.

John the Swede

Familiar Face
Well, love seeing all of these vests out there. Here's mine--anyone know why it might be making that crinkling sound? Maybe I should apply some leather lotion to it.
s-l1600 (3).jpg

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
S
I get it. Guyswho join the big MCs, it's less aclub, more like a religion. They have to earn their colours (it's often very much not a pleasant process if they're one of the "outlaw" clubs - I'm told that's on purpose, to make it less attractive to Plod to try and infiltrate!), and they tend to get quite miffed if anyone wears anything too close to it or imitating club colours who hasn't 'earned' it. Respect them or no, some of them are not the kindof people you would choose to upset in that regard. Seems an odd qualification it wouldn't matter if you weren't in a club, though.

Me, I've always found it a bit naff to try and dress a cut up as if it is (unearned) colours... I mean, who's it trying to impress? Ladieswith athing for Hllywood fancy-dress "bikers"? The maddest are the guys who buy allthe "Lone Wolf / No Club" stuff, patch it out to look like an MC, the start facebook pages and invite other "no Club" guys to go on "no Club" runs with them.... er....

Anyhow.

Interesting a lot of the higher-end, commercially-made cuts I see now are increasingly designedto offer something more than just an extra layer - added warmthe, pocket for a back plate and such being options.
Saw a Guy outside a supermarket yesterday wearing a Fully patched leather vest with top and bottom rockers in my small market town, on closer inspection turned out he’s a member of ‘The Sons of Anarchy’...wearing that out in public???????

S

Saw a Guy outside a supermarket yesterday wearing a Fully patched leather vest with top and bottom rockers in my small market town, on closer inspection turned out he’s a member of ‘The Sons of Anarchy’...wearing that out in public???????

Loool!

But I'm... Somehow not surprised. A t-shirt would be pretty ridiculous. Actual leather vest is another dimension altogether.

Is it just me or is it impossible to look for "leather vest" on eBay? All I'm getting is results for leather jackets. Even though there's no mention of vest anywhere in the title or the listing, eBay will still include thousands of jackets under search results.

Oddly enough, on eBay.co.uk, the results turn up fine. Just leather vests.

Edward

Bartender
Interesting. I've been toying with the idea of one of these https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...ather Vest&utm_campaign=Criteo_GB&iccm=CRI_GB eventually if I wanted to go full-leather, or possibly an Aero Shackleton in goat...

S

That's either counterfeit or adapted, then.... While naturally SoA had a lot of fantasy and over-exaggeration about it, they really did do their research (and at least two cast members were genuine patched 81). I do remember reading one thing that they committed to was none of their merchandise would have bottom rockers claiming territory on it. That's the bit most likely to get him in trouble if he crosses the path of the wrong people.

That's either counterfeit or adapted, then.... While naturally SoA had a lot of fantasy and over-exaggeration about it, they really did do their research (and at least two cast members were genuine patched 81). I do remember reading one thing that they committed to was none of their merchandise would have bottom rockers claiming territory on it. That's the bit most likely to get him in trouble if he crosses the path of the wrong people.

Don't know if you've seen it already but the 1st season, fourth episode of True Detective has a genuinely good depiction of a biker gang. It makes SoA seem like a cartoon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic