Leather Western Overshirt

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Powerband, Apr 18, 2019.

1. ton312

ton312

I understand. I love a good pioneering expedition.

2. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

it is just a jacket with scalloping hem, what's the problem?

it is only a shirt if you wear it all buttoned up and under another layer, but if you wear it as a jacket then it is a jacket, BR is originally a shirt too right.

to me it is much easier than leather pants or cap :D

wild_balls and ProteinNerd like this.
  3. Powerband

Powerband Practically Family

Leather pants ain’t hard!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

navetsea likes this.
  4. Powerband

Since this Aero Leather Overshirt is medium-weight horse hide, I’m hoping it will age and patina like this one below:

[​IMG]

Tusche likes this.
  5. Graemsay

Graemsay Practically Family

I like the Indigofera Copeland, which they sometimes run in a nubuck leather.

Indigofera Copeland.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  6. Powerband

I follow this store on IG. I like many of their stuff, but they cost around $1,000,000,000 each.

7. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

I brought this hand homemade buckskin shirt from a hitchhiker in 1971 for $12 and tip him a 6 pack of Oly $1.25. I wore the shirt to class and about the streets. Last time I wore it was Halloween. I did wear it about 17 years back under a leather jacket riding my cruiser. I just started back riding my son rolled his eyes at me. My Chesapeake chewed the cuff when he was a young terror. Only other slight issue a little faking on one upper IMG_0296.JPG IMG_0297.JPG IMG_0298.JPG arm.

8. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

Tell that to the ghosts of Jim Bridger & Kit Carson

9. ton312

ton312

Maybe the shirt killed them?

10. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

^^^back in 71’ that shirt and some Oly was killer!! Lol

11. Canuck Panda

Canuck Panda New in Town

Like other member already said, it’s like a leather trucker without the lining. I have a mall brand goat suede one. It’s like a windbreaker, good for riding when it’s really hot out. Your horsehide version is gonna be awesome, please post pics when you get it. Thanks

Powerband and Tusche like this.
  12. Powerband

I like the third and 4th ones in these pics, but I feel like I’d have to be Leif Garrett to get away with wearing one.

Dr H likes this.
  13. jak o'lantern

jak o'lantern New in Town

man i love this one obviously custom made for james even the zipper pulls are cool you could easily wear this if you had a bike check the film clip

Attached Files:

Powerband likes this.
  14. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

I think they CAN look cool outside of a rock video but its VERY rare. It will obviously look better when it's all beaten up and it looks like you have lived in it for 10 years but getting those 10 years of wear would be the killer.....please post up some pics.

I mean it should be as easy as @navetsea said and its essentially a longer leather trucker style jacket but for some reason it isn't.

ton312, torfjord, navetsea and 2 others like this.
  15. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I like that Shirt. I have similar "shirt" style leathers, not this nice though. Lot of makers made them in the 60/70s. Typically a bit longer than a trucker and not for tucking in.

AbbaDatDeHat and Powerband like this.
  16. So33

So33 One of the Regulars

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  17. Powerband

18. Monitor

Monitor

Iron Heart Ezo Deerskin Leather Shirt mini review!

Heh, I recall how few years ago I used to think leather shirt is a such a statement piece. Now I wear one when I don't want to feel like standing out.
    Anyway, I was until recently stuck with my old lambskin shirt which wasn't that bad but a few months ago, @John D Maccarter listed his Iron Heart for sale for such a great price that I simply couldn't resist buying it right away. The shirt traveled for three months and almost ended up going back to John but after spending half a day on the phone with various postal employees, I managed to prevent that from happening and am happy to say that both wait and fight was worth it.

Oh, and thanks again John for everything! :D

Can't really think of what to review, though. It's a shirt made of leather. That's about it. :) If you had a single Iron Heart shirt, you know what to expect. Only shinier and less... Cottony.

Ezo deerskin is a very luxurious, interesting hide. Mid-weight, spongy, mega soft with a sort of... clingy texture, don't know how to describe it, even though it seems smooth. Very organic vibe to it. Stunning texture, as you can see. Very pronounced grain.
    Shirt is made very well and it seems like it can handle some serious wearing.
    Lined all the way in cotton drill that's very similar to the kind Aero is using, another thing that I absolutely love.

Relatively weighty leather combined with heavy cotton lining makes this item less of a proper shirt and more like a jacket of a sort. It's even got an inside deep, horizontal snap-on pocket so I believe this wasn't really intended as an undergarment to begin with. I could wear a denim jacket over it but stuffing it into pants is out of the question.
    Something to be taken into consideration, if you plan on getting one.

This is a size 38 and it fits me well, though it could be a bit trimmer in the body I suppose. IH's measurement chart is usually correct but in my experience, it's better to size down when in doubt.

All in all, this looks, feels and wears like a very pricey, high-end piece, which is what it is. Great, beautiful and fun item to have and one that I can see myself wearing a lot.

Took some photos just now. Click on any to zoom in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mrfrown, navetsea, JCSD and 10 others like this.
  19. Powerband

Dang, Monitor, that looks very cool. I’m glad I missed the ad to this one! Fit pics, when you get a chance, please!

Monitor likes this.
  20. Monitor

Monitor

Thanks! Fit pic already posted in WJAYWT thread. :D

Powerband likes this.