Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Legendary Brown HH Wild Stallion...

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
Jon, I just try and do it very carefully. I got a spot or two on the inside of the sleeves but I haven't even noticed them since.

jon z

One of the Regulars
Thanks Tommer. Thinking of changing a light tan jacket to black. I'm in two minds at the moment for two reasons. Once I start there's no going back if it's not working out. Also I'm worried I may regret it even if the result is good & retrospectively prefer the original colour. If I do go for it I'll start a relative thread for those interested.

Bonneville

One of the Regulars
jon z said:
Thanks Tommer. Thinking of changing a light tan jacket to black. I'm in two minds at the moment for two reasons. Once I start there's no going back if it's not working out. Also I'm worried I may regret it even if the result is good & retrospectively prefer the original colour. If I do go for it I'll start a relative thread for those interested.

Jon, I have read that when dying a leather jacket you will achieve best results by arriving at your final colour through successive approximations as opposed to attempting it in one application. From this I imagine the steps starting with tan might be to apply approximations of brown and/or dk. brown then black thereafter.

The supposedly knowledgeable author advised against using 100% concentrations of whatever dye(s) you are working with. The dye concentration should be "cut" by mixing it with an oil (exact name escapes me now, ..might be mink oil?). I believe it was pointed out that using 100% dye concentration you risk a "streaky" dye job.

Also, prior to dye you are advised to use a "de-glazer" (sold by Tandy as well) which prepares the surface of the leather to better absorb the dye).

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
Bonneville said:
Also, prior to dye you are advised to use a "de-glazer" (sold by Tandy as well) which prepares the surface of the leather to better absorb the dye).

Now even I'm learning some stuff... thanks.

Tommer

MetalPez

New in Town
Hello Tommer.

Amazing jacket!!

I'm thinking about purchasing one of these (but Black Stallion). I'm a little worried (as always) about the sizing and lenght. I like fitted jackets so, i konw this is not a "slim fit" jacket but, what is the fitting like? My chest size is a 40. I've tried a size 42 Perfecto 618HH (slim fit) and fitting is ok, but it's only 24'' long and looks awful on me... really too short.
My size on a Black Stallion is a 40, but it's only 25'' long. Do you think your's is a little short jacket? or does it just look normal?

For a 40 size, chest measurement is 23'' and shoulder to shoulder it's only 18.50''... it seems to be a too great diference between them. Do you feel the jacket being to narrow on shoulders or to wide on chest?

And one more question... are its arms wide or are them narrow?

Tommer, thank you and sorry about my interrogation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic