Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Legendary USA Black Stallion is Back

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I am now convinced the jackets are made by Stu. Legendary just got NJ and NY mixed up. Their reluctance to disclose the maker is only due to them being afraid (and rightfully so) that nobody will buy it for lack of manliness.

On a more serious note: the jacket has gotten from hero to zero in the blink of an eye. I am really keen to hearing everybody’s thoughts once the lion is in the den.
Legendary may well be prohibited to disclose the maker of this is a „white label“ run by one of the more prominent addresses.

Viking752

Practically Family
I went through a back channel to Legendary and below is the response for what its worth…….

“Hi Randy, thank you for your inquiry. We use EDSIM for our leather. Cut and sewn in Brooklyn, NY. We are not using Schott this time otherwise the price would have to be doubled. We wanted to make an affordable, high quality horsehide biker jackets for our friends in the motorcycle community.”

“”Our Beck horsehide cuts have always done well, so we thought it was a good time to revisit the black stallion again.”

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
I went through a back channel to Legendary and below is the response for what its worth…….

“Hi Randy, thank you for your inquiry. We use EDSIM for our leather. Cut and sewn in Brooklyn, NY. We are not using Schott this time otherwise the price would have to be doubled. We wanted to make an affordable, high quality horsehide biker jackets for our friends in the motorcycle community.”

“”Our Beck horsehide cuts have always done well, so we thought it was a good time to revisit the black stallion again.”
Not familiar with edsim leather tbh but I hope they're good!

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
After a little minor back and forth, my refund was also approved. I mentioned my Beck vest several times thinking that Kim would say that the company they had make the vest is also making the Stallion this time around but she didn’t. She did say that the pictures of the actual jacket would be up in a week or so. I’m anxious to see them. For now I went the refund route as there continues to be more questions than answers and I’m not buying “sight unseen” on something with this many creative and quality related variables.

After a little minor back and forth, my refund was also approved. I mentioned my Beck vest several times thinking that Kim would say that the company they had make the vest is also making the Stallion this time around but she didn’t. She did say that the pictures of the actual jacket would be up in a week or so. I’m anxious to see them. For now I went the refund route as there continues to be more questions than answers and I’m not buying “sight unseen” on something with this many creative and quality related variables.
Bit shifty to post decade old pics IMO. I’ve ordered from Legendary a few times and the service is great but that’s really jumping the gun. There will be a shit stack ton of returns. No doubt about it.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

It’s bizarre to me that they basically created this problem themselves by using Hillside photos to market.

Using the old generation’s photos makes some sense because even though the manufacturer changed, it’s still the Legendary jacket. But while they were waiting for a sample from Edsim, using the Hillside photo as a placeholder was a dumb move.

Aloysius

They butchered the rollout. Could still be a nice jacket, though.

Yeah I mean OEM workshop in Brooklyn is an unknown, which definitely a better situation than the guaranteed crap that is Hillside. Probably inherent quality control in the former case too given that the NY/NJ garment industry is tight knit so poor quality would get caught.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Maybe Branded Garments moved to Brooklyn? They were in LIC, Queens. Matter of time before TFL sleuths figure it out. Or is it LW as someone suggested? Lol, the stampede will start again.

Aloysius

Maybe Branded Garments moved to Brooklyn? They were in LIC, Queens. Matter of time before TFL sleuths figure it out. Or is it LW as someone suggested? Lol, the stampede will start again.

It’s this factory. There’s tons of garment and leather know-how in NYC and I would be surprised if the Branded guys didn’t end up elsewhere, kind of like how Johnson Leathers goes back a few decades but got a lot of talent from the older SF leather jacket tradition.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Edsim , some unknown in Brooklyn . ....If they wanted to make a quality jacket they know where to get it done.
Looks like they wanted to make a cheap jacket and they know where to get that done too...
$250 jacket for $900....

Last edited:

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
Argentinian/Brazilian tannery hmmm

That website reminds me of upholstery shop website but that's more of a web design thing

Attachments

• IMG_2265.png
    IMG_2265.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 40

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars

Gang, I’ve been planning on doing a full blown review of the Beck vest. My daughter has a double header today but I’ll at least get a few good pics on this thread when I get home. If this is in fact the EDSIM horsehide, I think at least that aspect of the new Stallion will be acceptable to the TFL faithful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana