Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Legendary USA Black Stallion is Back

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
Emailed the Legendary folks, they suggested a size 40.

Question for the group; would you consider this a good fit for a cross zip?
That's Ben from SOP!

As pointed out already, it's got those lines at the neck and shoulders. I don't think it's because the jacket is the wrong size though. Sleeve length, body length, where the shoulder seam is, the jacket not being overly snug across the chest....I think the fit looks as okay as it could with that jacket. That said, the jacket itself doesn't look super great on Ben and zipped all the way up like that, and I don't think it's a fit/size thing.

There was a pretty interesting discussion on here a while back about how this same problem, if you want to call it that, with the lines/creases extended down from the traps/neck area, was present on a lot of Aero jackets. My memory is a little fuzzy on the details, but iirc it's due to how the jackets were designed/cut. Sizing up or down wouldn't be a fix for the problem.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's Ben from SOP!

As pointed out already, it's got those lines at the neck and shoulders. I don't think it's because the jacket is the wrong size though. Sleeve length, body length, where the shoulder seam is, the jacket not being overly snug across the chest....I think the fit looks as okay as it could with that jacket. That said, the jacket itself doesn't look super great on Ben and zipped all the way up like that, and I don't think it's a fit/size thing.

There was a pretty interesting discussion on here a while back about how this same problem, if you want to call it that, with the lines/creases extended down from the traps/neck area, was present on a lot of Aero jackets. My memory is a little fuzzy on the details, but iirc it's due to how the jackets were designed/cut. Sizing up or down wouldn't be a fix for the problem.

No, it’s a size thing. I own the jacket in question and the shoulders run small.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Just to throw in on the sizing debate, the new limited edition Black Stallion sizing chart suggests I would want to go with a 42, and their 44 would be too big. The one I have is a 44, and I think it fits me fine. Wouldn't want to guess whether they changed the sizing for this new batch, but it's possible that they may have.

Aloysius

I’m just not seeing where 6” of chest ease is super baggy. This measures pretty identically to the Legendary 42 except that has an inch more of P2P.

1684952221057.jpeg

EDIT: To clarify this is me in a jacket with 6” chest ease.

Aloysius

Wow, I love that IR! Is that the Aero Ridley with IR features?

Yep, the last one before Aero (understandably) changed its policy about allowing changes to repro models. I actually wanted the original IR but there was a miscommunication.

Speaking of Aeros, my impression is the chest:waist ratio on the Black Stallion matches the Aero Motorcycle Jacket.

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
EDIT: To clarify this is me in a jacket with 6” chest ease.
WOAH! 6 in of chest ease? The Sportclad I posted has 3in of chest ease and it looks similar. Fits great, got any more pics from different angles? Thats a nice jacket.

Also you may know the answer to this, would an inch difference really become drastic when you put something on? As I said on the last page visually it an inch more p2p does not visually look much different, much less a half an inch on the shoulders. Especially on a leather jacket, its not like a blazer where its obvious if its even an inch long etc.

Observe

One Too Many
WOAH! 6 in of chest ease? The Sportclad I posted has 3in of chest ease and it looks similar. Fits great, got any more pics from different angles? Thats a nice jacket.

Also you may know the answer to this, would an inch difference really become drastic when you put something on? As I said on the last page visually it an inch more p2p does not visually look much different, much less a half an inch on the shoulders. Especially on a leather jacket, its not like a blazer where its obvious if its even an inch long etc.
One thing to remember is 1" in a p2p measurements is 2" to the overall chest measurement.

Aloysius

One thing to remember is 1" in a p2p measurements is 2" to the overall chest measurement.
Correct.

My 6” chest ease and 4” chest ease cross zips look similar in wear but the 6” ones are easier to move in. I think it’s a case of the three dimensionality of a garment not being fully captured by flat measurements.

Observe

One Too Many
Correct.

My 6” chest ease and 4” chest ease cross zips look similar in wear but the 6” ones are easier to move in. I think it’s a case of the three dimensionality of a garment not being fully captured by flat measurements.
Yeah, at a certain point the pattern itself becomes more important than the numbers, and that's something really only experienced by wearing.

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
Correct.

Yeah it will be nice to be able to move...

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
What’s your height, weight etc?
5’11 185 43” chest, wear 34 waist pants, pretty fit build for a 56 year old.

I have jackets that are both size 42 and 44, but have sold more 42’s that were too tight than 44‘s that were too big...

I’ll be riding in this jacket so if it’s going to miss by a little bit (size-wise), I’d rather have it be a hair big than too tight. I just sent a Schott 641HH (to Switzerland of all places) because the 42 was too snug for anything besides a TFL selfie lol.

abone

A-List Customer
5’11 185 43” chest, wear 34 waist pants, pretty fit build for a 56 year old.

I have jackets that are both size 42 and 44, but have sold more 42’s that were too tight than 44‘s that were too big...

I’ll be riding in this jacket so if it’s going to miss by a little bit (size-wise), I’d rather have it be a hair big than too tight. I just sent a Schott 641HH (to Switzerland of all places) because the 42 was too snug for anything besides a TFL selfie lol.
Thanks! Yeah I remember the 641HH… just missed it on eBay and messaged you right after it went poof. We’re almost identical build. But I’m 11 years older! Schott size-o-meter has me at 42.
What I’m really hoping to find is a good used Vanson C2 or E.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner