Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's See That Tree!

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
pretty faythe said:
One tree for the kids and one for me,

Either someone is completely deluded ... or she really needs a whole tree because she's spoiled rotten and gets a whole lot of gifts.:D

I usually average maybe one present a year. My wife has never really bought me anything for christmas, neither have the kids. She's been recently buying me lots of little things out of guilt, but none have been wrapped to save for the holiday. I know, cause I do all the wrapping. :rage: Last year I bought myself a new pipe and a fly rod, wrapped them up, and told the kids to label them and give them to me on christmas morning. Maybe this year I'll buy a big bottle of irish whiskey and give myself the gift of liver damage. Mmmmm, liver.

Richard

Edit: That came off as a bit whiny, didn't it? Not what I meant at all. Sorry.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
hepkitten said:
Can I come over to your house and curl up in front of the fireplace? I promise I won't spill my hot cocoa. This looks so cozy and beautiful! Love the candles especially.

Hepkitten, you're welcome anytime. But when you get here I doubt that you'll want a mug of hot cocoa. You'll probably want an ice cold Corona, instead! The temperature today was 76 degrees and we spent the day in t-shirts at the coast.

Atticus

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
When I was a kid one of my neighbors had an artificial tree in the living room and a real tree in the familyroom. The Dad had asthma so for December he would watch television in the living room with the artificial tree.lol

pretty faythe

One Too Many
LocktownDog said:
Either someone is completely deluded ... or she really needs a whole tree because she's spoiled rotten and gets a whole lot of gifts.:D
lol...nooooo...I wish...lol..one tree for me to decorate the way I want:p don't forget, I'm on the ridculously single thread too

hepkitten

One of the Regulars
Atticus Finch said:
Hepkitten, you're welcome anytime. But when you get here I doubt that you'll want a mug of hot cocoa. You'll probably want an ice cold Corona, instead! The temperature today was 76 degrees and we spent the day in t-shirts at the coast.

Atticus

Here it's 35 and snowing. Not enough to stick, but pretty coming down. 76 degrees and a Corona sound tempting, but I do like my cocoa. I'll put in a shot of amaretto, and raise a glass to you from across the country. lol

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
Alas, we have no tree. And have not these last 10 years. We have this orange cat.......

We might have been able to pull one off in 97, but he now weighs 17 pounds....

We have a lovely fire place mantle.

And it hit 72 today at least.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
pennyseranade said:
They are so cute! My hubby collected rolli's as well as other WWII cameras for awhile and I would love to get these for our tree. Where did you find them?

Sorry for my delay in answering you. You can find them at Sundance (http://www.sundancecatalog.com/shop...temType=PRODUCT&iProductID=11537&itemID=11537) or cheaper at other places (for instance http://www.thechristmasbear.com/Hobby_Lifestyle_Ornaments_Camera.html, http://www.thechristmasbear.com/Hobby_Lifestyle_Ornaments_Camera_Leica.html). A couple of ebay sellers are offering them too.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
pennyseranade said:
I'll check them out on ebay and see what I can find. If not, maybe closer to/after Christmas when they are on sale.:D

My thoughts exactly--super cute but over $20? I think not!

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
LocktownDog said:
I gotta move into my own place real soon. :rage: My soon-to-be ex bought a purple Seuss-like tree and is planning on decorating it in the next day or so. Talk about a technicolor headache ... there's blue shag carpeting, she just painted the darn walls orange, and now a neon purple tree. I'll take a pic and post it when she's done.

Dear god ... its worse than I imagined. I'll take a pic later when the lighting is better. Its the ugliest purple tinsel tree I've ever seen. :eek: Of course, I've only seen one ... and this is it. Blech!

Richard

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Yikes. Typical grainy cell phone pic. She apparently lost my digital camera and didn't tell me until I asked. Isn't that nice?

tree.jpeg

Makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spork. She's got an orange stuffed animal as a tree topper. Why? I don't know.

Richard

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
Foofoogal said:
sweetfrancaise
Is that the Ivory Snow on your tree? It looks fabulous.

Yes, ma'am! Thanks! I thought it turned out pretty well, too (took two boxes this year--last year's snowfall was a box heavier lol ).

And Richard, that tree is depressing! Wow...makes Charlie Brown look like a true hero!

dorward

New in Town
Sadly, I'm not going to get a chance to put my tree up this year. I take possession of my new apartment on the 21st of December and will be spending the Christmas break painting it and then moving all my furniture out of storage. I'm really looking forward to the end of my migration between various rented places and friends' homes.

All is not lost though, I will be getting some merriment on a couple of days during which I'll be able to enjoy the decoration hanging efforts of various family members instead of my own less festive decorating.

I have made a little bit of effort in the office and my desk is now the home of this little fellow:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dorward/1889549643/

In addition to moving home five times this year, I've moved desk three times (and have another desk move to look forward to in the New Year - this should take me away from being on the exposed corner where everyone can look over my shoulder and people tend to hold impromptu meetings behind my back.) The latest desk move has taken me away from the convenient hat stand and required me to find somewhere else to put my trilby.

I suppose this was inevitable:

http://flickr.com/photos/dorward/2103736364/

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Your cat's sense of balance is most impressive texasgirl--I'm amazed that tree didn't fall over after your pet climbed so high into it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner