Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lets see those Motorcycle Jackets!

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Back on topic, here’s a 70s “Cycle Rider” ( Schott) I picked up recently.
0F2AA7A9-8EBF-42E6-84CD-68CDECD8A85E.jpeg
47DBE002-57A8-439D-B68A-D46B27E50CB1.jpeg

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
re-visiting this thread. Been wearing my Aero Route 66. I wonder if this style is based on any actual historical jacket?

Very cool! Is that model still available from First Gear?
I have a couple of their jackets, excellent quality & great value.
Thanks for posting!

I really don't know, I found it here in Europe. They rarely appear on eBay but go relatively cheap. I've tried a lot of Hein Gericke jackets but nothing was even close to this. It's the only jacket I had all this time I'm a member of TFL, even though I rarely wear it anymore because of how heavy and bulky it is.

Ric.

New in Town
I checked First Gear website. They show NO leather currently available. Only textile (Adventure). I had a H/G 'Dakar' with my 1st BMW GS in 1989. Was my only riding gear for many years, until I kind'a "outgrew" it. Was a great year round bit of kit here in Arizona. Sold the jacket cheap, still got the R100GS though.
Ric.

ultrark2004

Familiar Face
That is a First Gear Ranger, I have one. First Gear were made by Hein Gericke who made quite a few of harleys jacket in the 90's and 2000's. they no longer make those models. they are mid level jackets with no comparison to even a vintage cal, vanson, scott. they are very comfortable though

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Funnily enough I tried to move this Enfield on along with a BKS ex police jacket and got no interest,,so they sit gathering dust ,,that’s what happens when you collect and get too many,,30 and counting lol

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Nice collection, did you have leather loops added to the belt on the Model E to stop it dragging out when it's open? Good idea, that annoys me on mine.
That’s only some of my motorcycle collection,,got another 4 leather & probably 6 textile,,i have wrapped two rubber wristbands around the model E belt,,works a treat in stopping the belt flapping about & as I changed out the original belt to a much heavier one and buckle,it saves the buckle smacking against my tank ,:)

dubpynchon

One Too Many
That’s only some of my motorcycle collection,,got another 4 leather & probably 6 textile,,i have wrapped two rubber wristbands around the model E belt,,works a treat in stopping the belt flapping about & as I changed out the original belt to a much heavier one and buckle,it saves the buckle smacking against my tank ,:)
Wristbands, that'll do cheers!

SteveFord

A-List Customer
Here's the latest, a Vanson Cobra Mk. II.
A fellow somehow wound up with at least two of them and this hung in a closet for the past 8 years.
I gather he had a LOT of Vanson gear.

While waiting for a snap-in Vanson liner to show up (from the same seller) I had to order a Fox Creek jacket and liner...
At any rate, here's the Vanson. Well made and really heavy duty although the cut is really too short for a cold weather jacket but nothing a cold weather suit won't cover up.
vanson.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21