Lets see those Motorcycle Jackets!

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by lucky23, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Ric.

Ric. New in Town

Hey Peter, sounds like you need to come ride in Arizona again. No snow, mid 50sF. in central AZ (Prescott area).
    Regards, RIC.

Peter Mackin likes this.
  2. Peter Mackin

Peter Mackin Practically Family

Definitely Ric,,I’m over in New York for a day in may(sailing over on QM2),,if I get permission I may get over and meet for a coffee/beer with you September time around Scottsdale :),,give those BMs a run out ,,,,,

3. Ric.

Ric. New in Town

Pete, good to hear from you. A September meet-up sounds like fun. Let me know if you can make it to sunny AZ.
    Ric.

Peter Mackin likes this.
  4. Keith Garrison

Keith Garrison New in Town

Anybody recognize this label/maker? The paper label looks like it says MQ500, so I thought maybe Johnson Leathers? They did not recognize the label, though.
    [​IMG]The jacket is a really nice CHP-style design cross-zip, even including the lambs wool sleeve lining at the wrists. The shoulders and elbows have leather quilting. I am also impressed by the leather-lined hand warmer pockets and internal chest pocket. It seems like maybe someone took their favorite features from a bunch of designs and meshed them all together in this jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ric. likes this.
  5. SinSir

SinSir A-List Customer

Sounds really cool. More pics?

6. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man Practically Family

Simmons Bilt Goat J100 (just!) arrived in Perth Western Australia.
    Please excuse the "'very" amateur photography , I am new to this whole "selfie" thing..
    Apologies as also posted in "What jacket are you wearing today" thread Simmons Bilt 7.jpg

7. Downunder G Man

Peter you need to come and ride in Perth Western Australia "mate" haha..."ONLY" 23C today..was over 40 recently.

Peter Mackin likes this.
  8. Keith Garrison

Keith Garrison New in Town

Here are the standard front
    [​IMG]
    and back pics. The quilted shoulders took some getting used to, but I am really liking them.
    [​IMG]
    I’m becoming a fan of the leather-lined inner chest pocket
    [​IMG]
    and kidney protector
    [​IMG]
    Also, is it just me, or does there seem to be brown wearing through, rather than your typical grey?
    [​IMG]

9. SinSir

SinSir A-List Customer

Very cool jacket you picked up there! I say its a rebranded Cal. A crossover of a LAPD body with Cafe Racer sleeves.

10. Desert Rider

Desert Rider Familiar Face

New to me, Custom Langlitz

8281E75A-B747-4248-8868-F3F63FF52E01.jpeg 57C94951-A84A-4EBC-B4CE-CBB695D27C42.jpeg D352945C-2970-4808-9E5E-C8E6A31E38B5.jpeg C9AC4F0C-9EBB-4B15-8C88-50E6012A8034.jpeg

navetsea, sweetfights, gmcd and 8 others like this.
  11. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

I wish Vanson’s Arro has larger arms (wait what??) that’s right. I cannot slip it on, my arms barely squeeze in without any layer

12. SinSir

SinSir A-List Customer

Peter Mackin likes this.
  13. Downunder G Man

Schott 641HH café racer on my regular Saturday morning Harley ride with my usual crew. Horsehide and beautiful !
    Photo taken outside an Indian Ocean diner at Scarborough beach
    Sitting astride my 2008 Harley Schott 641HH at Scarboro.jpg FXSTSSE2 CVO Springer

navetsea, JMax, roadking04 and 6 others like this.
  14. roadking04

roadking04 A-List Customer

Bad ass bike G Man!! I always loved the springer front ends!

Downunder G Man and SinSir like this.
  15. JMax

JMax Call Me a Cab

Beautiful bike, I too love springers.

I am amazed your 110 engine has lasted over 10 years. I had nothing but terrible luck with it. Good on you bud.

Downunder G Man likes this.
  16. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

That's a modified m-500 and it is most def Johnson Leathers. Alan and co made these for various shops that sported the shop label. I had one, with the "Worn Out West" label, it was far too small so I gave it away:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2wheelgrplr, navetsea, Guppy and 6 others like this.
  17. Peter Mackin

Raging,,,zip on my vanson Enfield was sticking and being crack handed I tore the bottom of the male part ,,ive had to cut half inch of fabric away.zip still works but it’s a bit fiddly.jacket has only just recently been getting some use.New zip will get done when it’s physically unable to work image.jpg

Downunder G Man likes this.
  18. Downunder G Man

Don't 'cha hate that ! That would be offski to my friendly Greek leatherworker/jacket maker here in Perth.

$150 Aussie , zipper likely a heavy duty YKK. As you say , not yet but sooner or later...

Peter Mackin likes this.
  19. Downunder G Man

Maybe a wee bit of luck plus meticulous maintenance , Synthetic oils twice every year , no hard revs from cold etc etc

JMax likes this.
  20. Peter Mackin

When i owned my 92 fxdc I would get covered in oil all down my right leg and boot,,all pouring from the air cleaner,,the blow - by was fkn shocking,,bike would be immaculate at start of the ride then look a rat after 30 miles ,,never could get it sorted ,,, B3A6B9C8-23B6-409D-BE1F-D5C83CC41A65.jpeg

roadking04 and Downunder G Man like this.