Lets see those Motorcycle Jackets!

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by lucky23, Mar 1, 2019.

1. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

what is with that earth growth in the background? how can a rock formation stand alone shaped like a huge tree stump like that. o_O.. I just googled.. used to be underground lava???

2. abone2010

abone2010 One of the Regulars

Geological term is intrusion... molten lava forced in between rocks that are softer and erode much quicker, leaving in this case a tower.

Downunder G Man, JMax and navetsea like this.
  3. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man One Too Many

All of the castles in Europe are built on them . Volcanic plugs is the term used. Many in the east of Australia but no castles ! The internal remains of ancient volcanoes after external erosion. Often by ice sheets during ice ages.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    AbbaDatDeHat, JMax and navetsea like this.
  4. dubpynchon

dubpynchon Practically Family

From that angle you could clearly see the secret military landing strip on top... the movies have been lying all this time.

5. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Awesome pic. I’ve owned three Road Glides. Nothing better for jamming out highway miles. Love it. I used to live in Denver and made my way up to WY a couple of times. Some of the best rides in the world are out there. Riding in FL sucks when compared.

jonbuilder likes this.
  6. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

I bet flying saucers land and take off from it

Downunder G Man, dubpynchon and JMax like this.
  7. abone2010

That pic was taken in '15 when my riding buddy and I rode down to the Dakotas. This is my second RG, they both followed a Fat Boy. The FB was like riding a Flintstones bike comparatively. To each their own but I am surprised people choose Street Glides and the other full dressers over the RG. It rides so much better. This one is 103" stage 4 with all the goodies.
    I live in British Columbia....nice riding up here, just not as many secondary roads as they have stateside.

JMax and roadking04 like this.
  8. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

It’s the hardened, crystalized, formerly molten magma of the magma chamber within an ancient volcano that has weathered/eroded away. Commonly known as the plug or the heart of a volcano. Makes for cool formations.
    B

9. abone2010

Intrusion is shorter! ha ha
    Geologists Carpenter and Russell studied Devils Tower in the late 19th century and came to the conclusion that it was formed by an igneous intrusion.[18] Modern geologists agree that it was formed by the intrusion of igneous material, but not on exactly how that process took place. Several believe the molten rock composing the Tower might not have surfaced; others are convinced the tower is all that remains of what once was a large explosive volcano.

navetsea likes this.
  10. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

earth comedo.

abone2010 likes this.
  11. Monitor

Monitor

Wanted to share this latest find, though I don't think you'll be convinced by what I got to say about it but believe me, with some digging, you can land such an awesome cross zip for very little money that I'm more and more reluctant to pay premium ever again for anything new. This popped up on Vinted and massive thanks to @Marc mndt who once again, helped me get it.

No clue what the story behind this brand is, I've read someplace that these jackets were done exclusively for the Japanese market which would make sense as the care tag is in katakana and kanji. The jacket also fit very slim and short.

But anyway, you wouldn't believe how high quality this thing is! Honestly, even tho it's clearly a Schott rip-off, it surpasses any regular 618 in weight, sturdiness and especially leather. Very heavy naked cow like hide that's fade-happy and creases like it's nobody's business. They even got all the right hardware all around. Lining is especially luxurious and warm. Like someone decided to upgrade a Schott. @Marc mndt has seen it too so I think he'll confirm. :D

All in all very, very cool Perfecto.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

man, you're catching Mysterio fast at this rate:)

Mysteryo and Monitor like this.
  13. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

Observation
    So many of the classic designs (and many modern) have zippers that pull down to close. I’d think after the first run of these some biker would have told them that it’s much easier to pull a zipper down one handed while riding than pull it up to get at your stuff.

Mandarin and navetsea like this.
  14. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

Confirmed. I was surprised twice. First when @Monitor brought it to my attention and asked me to buy/proxy it for him (do you really want to buy this Pakistan made perfecto knock off!?) Second surprise when the jacket was delivered to me. It's heavy. Not only the leather but also the hardware. That buckle is so heavy it could serve as a paper weight. Also, very well constructed. It feels indestructible, a piece of armor.

You immediately feel like a rockstar the moment you put on this jacket. @Monitor has an exceptional eye for quality and he doesn't need brandnames as signifiers. Great jacket for little money.

15. abone2010

I want one!! Well done!!!

16. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

I just searched the internet. Could only find a couple, small sizes listed in Japan :(

abone2010 likes this.
  17. abone2010

Thanks Marc, been looking for the last couple days for a Vanson C2 in 42 or 44. Same thing, lots in Japan in my grandson's size.
    What make is this?

18. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

I guess the Japanese have a different physique.

abone2010 likes this.
  19. TheDonEffect

TheDonEffect One of the Regulars

I dunno what it is, but man that looks good. Just the right amount of patina too.

20. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

To me If the jacket is tight fit across the chest it doesnt matter much, if the jacket is roomy it does matter, was putting the zipper closing toward the armpit when I first draw my planned jacket and after comparing the zipper action on other jackets i change the closing direction toward the center too. Easier to open and close even when jacket is worn open.

Downunder G Man likes this.