Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lets see those Motorcycle Jackets!

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
2 Cals 1 Buco

6A0MGxt.jpg
jDXX8zR.jpg
YG4cbes.jpg

epic on so many levels

That second Cal with the horizontal zip is one of my few true regrets. I shoulda BIN’d that bubba. If you ever decide to move it, I’m your huckleberry. Not that you ever should, what a jacket. Would appreciate more pics, inside and out. Thanks.

Get in line LOL :p. Although, my Cal search is over, so you can take my spot.

Literally was thinking the same thing. I know I had mouse pointer hovering over that Buy it Now for days before Leigh, being a better man, pulled the trigger and gotten what is among the top 5 Cal jackets that I've ever seen.

I still remember when it was posted in Finds and Deals thread. The Ykk zipper killed it for me, but looking back, that was myopic. Easy fix for that.

edit: or maybe it was the one with the collar that had the Ykk. I remember I almost bought the one with the collar just for the collar LOL.

TheGuitarFairy

Practically Family
I've been on the hunt for an older black Bates CR w/ white stripes for years at this point. Of course when I find one it's a 48. Gah! .. Of the ten or so CRs of theirs that have passed through my fingers this one is easily the cleanest with the most uniformly thick, heavy and <black> leather I've experienced on a Bates CR.
IMG_8982.jpg

Frame-01-10-2021-09-18-15.jpg

Last edited:

Yamahana

One Too Many
I've been on the hunt for an older black Bates CR w/ white stripes for years at this point. Of course when I find one it's a 48. Gah! .. Of the ten or so CRs of theirs that have passed through my fingers this one is easily the cleanest with the most uniformly thick, heavy and <black> leather I've seen used on a Bates.
View attachment 365906
View attachment 365907
WHOA THERE DUDE!! I’m your man when you move it along. That is killer, I love it!!

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've been on the hunt for an older black Bates CR w/ white stripes for years at this point. Of course when I find one it's a 48. Gah! .. Of the ten or so CRs of theirs that have passed through my fingers this one is easily the cleanest with the most uniformly thick, heavy and <black> leather I've seen used on a Bates.
View attachment 365906
View attachment 365907

This looks amazing!

Yamahana

One Too Many
I was that guy at first but now much prefer a full-face. I can listen to my music, etc. And if I go down hard my wife can have an open casket at my funeral. I am considerate that way.
Came across this post while researching GoldTop jackets, made me laugh out loud.:D Bet you were glad to be wearing it when you met with the deer.

Motocann

One Too Many
I've been on the hunt for an older black Bates CR w/ white stripes for years at this point. Of course when I find one it's a 48. Gah! .. Of the ten or so CRs of theirs that have passed through my fingers this one is easily the cleanest with the most uniformly thick, heavy and <black> leather I've experienced on a Bates CR.
View attachment 365906
View attachment 365907
Mister Freedom makes a star sleeve also.
DE531B6D-8EC9-4CF5-9B8E-0CAFDE2927F1.jpeg

Cross-posting from the Cal thread - this is the jacket I've been reaching for lately. The weather is becoming more conducive to a heavy jacket, and I just love how the Cal feels, despite its heft.

View attachment 377904

Issue with Cal's is they're least warm, even though double lined. My Schott has thin cotton lining and feels warmer somehow than the Cal that I got. It's all so weird.

Motocann

One Too Many
That looks great @Merv !

I like Deus stuff but if never heard of that jacket before so I googled about. Their stock photos of it are superb!

nail2_grande_ec5ea694-19ed-4c03-887a-158ebf51ddd3_1024x1024_2x.jpg

I'm well envious now.

It took me a while to track one down! I found one on sale in Italy, but strangely they wouldn't ship it to USA. So I had to ship it to a friend of mine living in EU, then he shipped it to me.

Motocann

One Too Many
Just picked up this cool Schott P623H Horse Hide jacket off eBay. One I've been looking for since it's release a few years back. Other than the one I had back in the 1980's (that I hated) this is the only Schott jacket I own. No epaulettes, No belt... just the way I like it! I'm gonna wear the snot out of this one ;-)
P623H-01Jacket.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points