Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lets see those Motorcycle Jackets!

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Old School 'Brooks' CR here (black label), couldn't find a recent photo but rode with it on yesterday :)

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Really love this one. Natal Leathers.
IMG-20180303-212606.jpg
Don't ever let that one go. But if you do, hit me up first.

Little I do, I wear either Natal or Hein Gericke First Gear, which would be my favorite motorcycle jacket.

I ride most of spring summer and fall but not if its much below 50 degrees. I only wear a leather jacket on the bike if the temps drop. Then I'll usually wear my denim jacket, Schott Retro, or Vanson Enfield in that order.
HD

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Great jackets so far!

Do you think people could indicate whether they wear these jackets for actual riding?
I only wore a bike jacket twice without the bike, I felt a bit of a poser otherwise.
I have worn other non bike jackets out on bikes though, my original A2 and replica's too, B3, Levis trucker, Eastman Luftwaffe, Original B15, MA1's G1's M422A, probably overtype of jacket I own. My worst experience would have been on my Hayabusa in my Aero Highwayman. At speed my wallet got sucked out of the pocket with every thing in it plus a fair bit of cash.
At a bike day here in England I caught someone changing from their street wear into some race rep(Rossi) leathers just to walk around, I knew they did have bikes but brought the car with them instead as bike parking was not easy but making it look as if they came on the bike to their friends I expect. Now that is pure poser :(

El Marro

Do you think its a Cal?
Great looking jacket man and appears to be a total steal at $250. My first thought was that it wasn’t a Cal, because it does not have the stitch lines going from the top of the pocket seam in towards the center zip that I associate with all of the Cal Leathers I have seen. After looking at the photos closely though, everything else looks pretty spot on to me and I would certainly defer to J Max because he has had his hands on a lot more of these jackets that I have. Congratulations!

Great looking jacket man and appears to be a total steal at $250. My first thought was that it wasn’t a Cal, because it does not have the stitch lines going from the top of the pocket seam in towards the center zip that I associate with all of the Cal Leathers I have seen. After looking at the photos closely though, everything else looks pretty spot on to me and I would certainly defer to J Max because he has had his hands on a lot more of these jackets that I have. Congratulations!

The pocket seams appear to be there but you really have to look. I think it’s just the picture. If I recall correctly they were more visible in the ebay ad.

El Marro

El Marro, I’m loving that J100, Simmons Bilt makes my favourite repo version of that jacket. Is that the Shinki?
Thanks man!
Yes, this is the Shinki four pocket version that I picked up from Drifter Productions off eBay. The jacket is very well-made indeed.

Raven2k360

New in Town
IMG_20190302_135957 - Resized.jpg

Here's another - Wilson's Cross-zip (Perfecto-ish style). I have worn this one on a handful of rides around town - thicker leather than the cheap jacket, and a decent amount of padding due to the 2nd liner. Plus, it's kept me pretty warm on the chilly-ish rides. Like all my leather "motorcycle" jackets, I don't like that they don't have armor - or even the provisions for armor - but I did pick up a kevlar shirt with armor in it that I'm going to try wearing underneath the jackets, so at least there's that. And I'll be upgrading the armor in the shirt from CE1 to CE2.

I do love the look and fit of this jacket though, but the one thing that annoys me is how long the half-belt is - I've got it on the last eyelet, and it's still loose.

Raven2k360

New in Town
Just a note :)
You really need to revers this photo as the reflection makes your jacket look like it is meant for the female figure as a woman's cross zip(Lancer) zip, pulls up to her left shoulder.
Too much work for something that's not a big deal...lol. Besides, if people can't figure out it's a mirror shot... *shrug*

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner