Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lets see those Motorcycle Jackets!

abone

A-List Customer
Had this made for me, 2007 I think. I wish now I hadn’t chosen a Nero type collar, but it’s a very well fitting and comfortable jacket on the bike. Leather could be more robust... I think this is only 1.2 or 1.3mm cow.
I just had the guy that made it take it in as I’ve lost lots of weight since then.

300D6EE0-F447-4FD5-9C56-5DD2175FB302.jpeg

TheDonEffect

Practically Family
So looks like I will be needing a riding jacket after all, just when I thought I didn't need yet another jacket, well you know how this story goes.

I'm really hung up on the collar type though, do I go cafe or a traditional shirt collar type of deal. I don't want the bulk that a double rider adds to the front. I typically ride with an armored hoody which I love because full range of motion is great, but at highway speeds it might as well be a parachute, so here I am again looking at leather jackets.

I tend to like traditional collars in general mostly because of the option on how to wear it up, but with a helmet on I don't envision me ever wearing the collar up. I like the functionality of the cafe type collar, just snap it into place and good to go, granted I could do that with a traditional collar as well, and while I generally like the minimalist design of cafe jackets, I find options limited with exterior pocket designs.

Anyway, would love to get your collective opinions.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
So looks like I will be needing a riding jacket after all, just when I thought I didn't need yet another jacket, well you know how this story goes.

I'm really hung up on the collar type though, do I go cafe or a traditional shirt collar type of deal. I don't want the bulk that a double rider adds to the front. I typically ride with an armored hoody which I love because full range of motion is great, but at highway speeds it might as well be a parachute, so here I am again looking at leather jackets.

I tend to like traditional collars in general mostly because of the option on how to wear it up, but with a helmet on I don't envision me ever wearing the collar up. I like the functionality of the cafe type collar, just snap it into place and good to go, granted I could do that with a traditional collar as well, and while I generally like the minimalist design of cafe jackets, I find options limited with exterior pocket designs.

Good luck with this next project! Can't wait to see what you end up ordering.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up

My vote would be a Langlitz Cresent with a shirt style collar that snaps down. I would also ask for a Western V yoke on the upper back to dress it up a little. Might be a neat option there.

You can find details here (but the photos on thier site are very poor): https://www.langlitz.com/product/crescent/

Or Queue up Johnson Leathers and see what Alan coud make for you...
https://www.johnsonleather.com/

Vanson A, B, Oxford or Enfield. The A has armor options. Or a CHP by Cal, LW or JL. Bates are excellent for riding and their padded CR is killer.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Had this made for me, 2007 I think. I wish now I hadn’t chosen a Nero type collar, but it’s a very well fitting and comfortable jacket on the bike. Leather could be more robust... I think this is only 1.2 or 1.3mm cow.
I just had the guy that made it take it in as I’ve lost lots of weight since then.

View attachment 315746
Nice jacket. Who made it?

abone

A-List Customer
Nice jacket. Who made it?
A fella in Vancouver BC. Original Leather Factory. He’s been around for a long time. Used to have a shop but now works out of his house. He makes this jacket with a standard collar, and with the Nero.
His leather is limited but if your ok with 1.2 or 1.3mm cow hide, then he’s good.
Edit- I should mention if you go to his website, it’s awful and so are his photos.

upload_2021-3-8_20-48-42.jpeg
upload_2021-3-8_20-48-42.jpeg

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A fella in Vancouver BC. Original Leather Factory. He’s been around for a long time. Used to have a shop but now works out of his house. He makes this jacket with a standard collar, and with the Nero.
His leather is limited but if your ok with 1.2 or 1.3mm cow hide, then he’s good.
Edit- I should mention if you go to his website, it’s awful and so are his photos.

View attachment 316648 View attachment 316649
Thanks. I've seen worse sites... Maybe next time I'm out that way. Enjoy your jacket!

TheDonEffect

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112