Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's See Your Watches! The Vintage Watch Thread.

Forties Concord 14k. The tank style crown is a replacement.

concord2.jpg

concord1.jpg

14K Croton and gold filled Movado. I like the design of these 2 watches very much.

croton1.jpg

movado1.jpg

movado2.jpg

A dressy Bulova in 14K white gold... came with the suede band... not sure if original.

bulova1.jpg

bulova2.jpg

My Dad's old Swiss chronometer. A mess, but I have fond memories of this one and was happy to own it.

chronometer.jpg

A neat nouveau Elgin pocket watch... Has a bail that comes down to function as a stand.

elgin1.jpg

elgin2.jpg

elgin3.jpg

A couple of key wound pocket watches, a sterling Benson and an old Francaise, maker unknown to me.

pockets1.jpg

pockets2.jpg

pockets3.jpg

pockets4.jpg

Don Dahlberg

Familiar Face
Alan,

You have some nice Hamilton watches there. The first is a Hamilton Tonneau. As you said it is rather warn. Many collectors like it, because it is the largest watch for the time and large watches are popular today. It was introduced in 1927.

The third Hamilton with the enamel numbers is the Coronado was introduced in about 1929. It is a very special watch! He was just a welder? Wow. It was not a cheap watch when it was new ($125). Collectors love this watch. Take VERY good care of it!

Don Dahlberg
NAWCC volunteer
www.nawcc.org

Alan,

You have some nice Hamilton watches there. The first is a Hamilton Tonneau. As you said it is rather warn. Many collectors like it, because it is the largest watch for the time and large watches are popular today. It was introduced in 1927.

The third Hamilton with the enamel numbers is the Coronado was introduced in about 1929. It is a very special watch! He was just a welder? Wow. It was not a cheap watch when it was new ($125). Collectors love this watch. Take VERY good care of it!

Don Dahlberg
NAWCC volunteer
www.nawcc.org

Thanks for the note and info, Don. I have seen some auctions for the Coronado. It is my wife's keepsake from her grandfather so it under her watchful eye! I knew her grandfather - a Puerto Rican American and a very interesting guy. His four daughters grew up sleeping in one bed. How he managed to buy this, I don't know... but I bet there is a good story in there somewhere.

MikePotts

Practically Family
Cold War Classic

a 1953 Omega Seamaster, just presented to me by my darling wife in honour of my 60th. birtday:

P1010330_zps28ba7765.jpg

Refinished dial etc. - might try that on myself one day!

lairddouglas

Familiar Face
1960's Constellation

This is my lovely late 1960's Constellation. Has seen better days ... bought it with hands messed up ... ebay purchased NOS hands :) ... unfortunately the crystal is not original.

Don Dahlberg

Familiar Face
The Hampden pocket watch dates about 1905. Case screw marks show that the case is not original to this watch. However, the case is appropriate for this era of watch. Most watches at this time were not cased at the factory, but Hampden was an exception since it owned the Deuber Watch Case Company. So it should be a Dueber case.

I would date the Cyma watch post 1931, because of the yellow gold case. White gold dominated in the late 20s into the very early 30s.

Don

TSP13

Familiar Face
I am working on purchasing a more expensive vintage wrist watch, but as of now the only timepiece I use would be a nickel Montfort with a Swiss movement. It was shipped over from Europe, and although it is a simple inexpensive model I love it. It ticks very loudly.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
The Hampden pocket watch dates about 1905. Case screw marks show that the case is not original to this watch. However, the case is appropriate for this era of watch. Most watches at this time were not cased at the factory, but Hampden was an exception since it owned the Deuber Watch Case Company. So it should be a Dueber case.

I would date the Cyma watch post 1931, because of the yellow gold case. White gold dominated in the late 20s into the very early 30s.

Don

Thank for the details on my watches! Even though it does not look it in the photos the Cyma is silver/white gold in color not yellow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy