Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's See Your Watches! The Vintage Watch Thread.

Luftwaffles

One of the Regulars
Well, after literally an hour of fiddling with this, I got my 1925 dated "Monitor" to work
10407421_662010660556791_1071473585785801644_n.jpg

highway66blues

One of the Regulars
Ingersoll Jr Pkt Watch 1923b.jpg
Just picked this up today at a local Antiques dealer that's goin' outta business.
Ingersoll Jr Pkt Watch 1923a.jpg
If I did my research right the serial # puts it as made during 1923.
It is an Ingersoll Jr. (dollar watch?)
It was tagged for $25 & as "Not Working". Upon looking the fellow at the counter & I agreed it was to tightly wound.
He shook it and POW! It started ticking. Ended up getting it for $23.50

Best couple photos I could get.

Last edited:
View attachment 15848
Just picked this up today at a local Antiques dealer that's goin' outta business.
View attachment 15847
If I did my research right the serial # puts it as made during 1923.
It is an Ingersoll Jr. (dollar watch?)
It was tagged for $25 & as "Not Working". Upon looking the fellow at the counter & I agreed it was to tightly wound.
He shook it and POW! It started ticking. Ended up getting it for $23.50

Best couple photos I could get.

Dollar watches do last quite a while. They were durable---although cheaply made. Unlike today's anything made. :p

nickmathis

New in Town
Dick Tracy watch (custom replica)

Lately, I've been wearing my very own Dick Tracy 2-way radio wrist watch replica.

I've always wanted one since the film came out, so I thought I'd go ahead and build it!

Pictured below is actually the second to last iteration. I've been getting critique on its accuracy compared to screen grabs of the original prop over on The Replica Prop Forum.

My build:
attachment.php

My build (left) compared to the original prop (right):
attachment.php

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Lately, I've been wearing my very own Dick Tracy 2-way radio wrist watch replica.

I've always wanted one since the film came out, so I thought I'd go ahead and build it!

Pictured below is actually the second to last iteration. I've been getting critique on its accuracy compared to screen grabs of the original prop over on The Replica Prop Forum.

My build (left) compared to the original prop (right):
attachment.php

I would say you did a very commendable job! The major differences would be hard to change. The shorter hands, and the color of the face. If it's any consolation, I have an original 1937 Harley speedometer, and it has a similar color on the face, all the high dollar replicas use white. So again, congratulations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto